Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blondie

emerald princess

10 posts in this topic

just returned back off emerald princess and if any one is going on her you won't be disappointed. Had the most amazing time, the ship is a little dated but in terms of her standard and cleanliness i couldn't fault it. Got to sample the spa and had treatments and they was very good value for money.

Had the opportunity to dine in share which is curtis stones new resturant on board which was fantastic but my favourite was crown grill. For the small cover charge it was really worth it, some of the best food and service i have had on a ship.

The show was very good i normally get board of seeing the same thing on board but couldn't falut it, had a balcony cabin and the size of balcony was good and cabin facilities was good as well.

Overall i would certainly travel again with princess cruises smile.png

loz6 and TheQueenOfCruise like this

Glad to hear you had a lovely time, I agree completely regarding Crown grill it is definately one of the best meals I have had and as you say for the cover charge it was well worth it.

As you say some of the shows can be a bit boring and same as others you have seen before but I saw a couple onboard that were a little different.

blondie likes this

it is a set menu and there is 5 courses. you start with cold meats breads and olives , then there is a choice of appetizers eg, tagliatelle,shrimp salad etc then the mains you can have turbot, lobster, ragu twice duck or beef cheek pie you can also have a choice of sides.Then you go on to the cheeses, i found those really strong and would not have them next time, the desserts was amazing i would recommend the dark chocloate cremeux smile.png

loz6 and dancefloordemon like this

Love Princess and especially the Porterhouse steak with lobster tails in Crown Grill. Not yet experienced Share restaurant but wouldn't expect to pay extra to eat in a speciality restaurant and be served beef cheek pie, if it was a decent beef steak pie then that's different but beef cheek is poor cut of meat and cheap in price which seems to have become popular with chefs and restaurants looking to boost profit by serving poorer cuts of meat.

the porterhouse is a monster of a steak and must have with lobster tail, my friend had the beef cheek pie, it looks lovely but she said the meet was really rich and didnt finish it i think she was a little dissapointed with it but certainly reccommend the mushroom ragu smile.png