Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CLIFF50

Port Parking Tilbury

4 posts in this topic

We are looking at a pre Christmas cruise to Denmark and Germany sailing from Tilbury. Does anyone know of a hotel where I can park my car for seven days or so, get a courtesy bus to and from the terminal and back to the hotel? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

I too would be interested in hearing the replies as we have lokked at a couple of cruises from Tilbury but as yet have not booked on.

Hi cruise addict

It seems as if we are in a minority with this topic. I am actually looking at a specific Fred Olsen cruise in December 2016 that covers Danish and German markets.

We have never sailed from Tilbury and as we live in Sheffield it is not difficult to get to but as I have stated we do not know where to stay as we would prefer to come down the day before and stop overnight. Last year we sailed from Southampton and on the M1 there was a big accident that held us up for two to three hours, if we were on a fly cruise from Birmingham we would have missed our flight.

Any useful info would be really useful, thanks.

Sorry can't help with local hotels. We sailed from Tilbury years ago & parking was in a huge hangar next to the dock but I think it's been altered. Tilbury isn't far from the M25 junction 31 so could you travel that far the day before & do the last bit on the day. I know there are some good hotels near junction 25 (Waltham Abbey, Cheshunt) but hotel booking sites show some hotels in Tilbury itself. Hope that gives you some help.