Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Oceanview

VOOM Internet Is Now Fleet Wide

14 posts in this topic

Good news for cruisers who are cruising with Royal Caribbean and love to stay connected whilst at sea, VOOM (the fastest internet at sea) is now available fleet wide. VOOM internet is six times faster than that on any other cruise line and allows you to stream videos and music, Skype friend and family and stay connected with all the happenings on social media. Has anyone had experience with the VOOM internet and does it live up to the claims?

i used it last year, was genuinly faster than my internet at home! it was very very good, i think it was $15per day for 2 devices

Thats really good price.  I've just looked at an interent package with Celebrity for the 2 day cruise I'm going on & its £140 for a package!  Crazy prices

Thats really good price.  I've just looked at an interent package with Celebrity for the 2 day cruise I'm going on & its £140 for a package!  Crazy prices

On our Sllhouette TA last month it was $199 for the cruise (13 days). I don't know if this was a promo price, but I have heard it was $199 for seven days on other ships. It was certainly significantly faster than on previous cruises. I had 240 minutes free as an Elite+ benefit and didn't use all of that.

Sheila

Just days after Royal Caribbean announced that they are going to roll out VOOM fleet wide, i've just read online that NCL have also announced that they will also be rolling out a fast internet service from July 2016 on her entire fleet, including here sister cruise lines.

Increased wifi speeds will soon be the norm across most cruise lines I expect. It is about time as the speeds at present on board most ships are utterly atrocious. 

It looks like cruise lines are having a competition for the fastest internet at sea, but as you say Barry I think it is about time cruise lines increased their wifi speeds as more and more people want to stay in contact with friends and family during their travels and post all about the fun they are having on board. And let's face it, all the social activity is great marketing for the cruise lines too.

Put it this way, not only am I happy to see wifi speeds improving at sea, I'm also happy that more and more cruise lines are following suit in doing so. The more the merrier for me because the more cruise lines that announce these new services, the more they'll compete with each other, using the wifi as a sales tool, hopefully as an offer to potential passengers, which can only be good news for those of us that like to stay connected whilst away.