Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WAVES

MSC WIFI

18 posts in this topic

Just returned from MSC Preziosa and the Wifi package was AMAZING vaule it was 3.90 euros a day for a socai media package. This is what i have copied from there website. I didnt do it before my cruise and it was really easy to add on.

Social: connect with friends 24/7 on your favourite social networks
Access for 1 device to social networks and chat apps including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Snapchat, WeChat, Pinterest, VK, Odnoklassniki, Sinaweibo, Qzone and Line. You can post photos, but audio and video are not available. 

€3.90 per day / €14.90 per cruise*

Plan in advance so you're ready for when your cruise begins: book your package now. 

*Price valid for 7-day cruises. The cost of each “per cruise” package depends on the length of the cruise.

loz6 likes this

That's a really good price! How did you find the internet connectivity speed while you was on board?

It was really good and fast!

please can you load us some pictures of the ship- I would love to see what they are like smile.png

Yes i will do

That's incredibly cheap for cruise ship WiFi, even if it only is a limited service.

I assume you can access email and general web sites on this connection?  I'll be sailing on Splendida in September so having an always-on connection will be incredibly useful!

Never ceases to amaze me that people go on a holiday to get away from it all and then take their daily lives with them.

What can be that important?

Never ceases to amaze me that people go on a holiday to get away from it all and then take their daily lives with them.

Who says I go on holiday to get away from it all?

Who says it's anything important?  I don't have to work, but I still like to keep in touch, share photos, do the odd blog etc.

We live in a world of permanent connectedness, and my generation (and plenty of people from older generations too) find being connected important.  Technology isn't just about work stress, but entertainment, keeping in touch, and (dare I say it) relaxation too!

Oldworldtraveller and Tumbling like this

The ability to keep in touch with children, grandchildren and friends, something that was not possible in the past. 

Tumbling likes this

The ability to keep in touch with children, grandchildren and friends, something that was not possible in the past. 

So if they mean that much to you why not take them as well?

A holiday to me is just that..a holiday away from the daily grind.

But then I'm not as lucky as some...I normally only get a few days here and there so I treasure every one and use it to recharge my batteries.

You carry on then if that's your idea of a holiday..

When you are retired (as we are), I consider every day to be a holiday. 

Going away for us means t he opportunity to see new places and experience different cruise lines/ships. 

I like to keep in touch with family and friends and have been known to do the occasional blog too.

Of course, the cost of the wi-fi on board dictates  how much time I spend on line. 

Each to their own eh?

When you are retired (as we are), I consider every day to be a holiday. 

Going away for us means t he opportunity to see new places and experience different cruise lines/ships. 

I like to keep in touch with family and friends and have been known to do the occasional blog too.

Of course, the cost of the wi-fi on board dictates  how much time I spend on line. 

Each to their own eh?

Quite correct..but when some numpty is streaming film and music in the cabin next to you and playing it at full volume then it does become a tad of a nuisance...and funnily enough it's normally young women getting ready to go to dinner.

So if they mean that much to you why not take them as well?

Simple Terminator, cost and school holidays on the family front. As for friends, not all people like cruising. 

Remember the old BT advert with  Maureen Lipman 'It's good to stay in touch' wink.png wink.png

Simple Terminator, cost and school holidays on the family front. As for friends, not all people like cruising. 

Remember the old BT advert with  Maureen Lipman 'It's good to stay in touch' ;) ;)

It's even better to get away..

2torts and Oldworldtraveller like this