Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sammy sun

Which destinations are on your wish list?

27 posts in this topic

Hi,

I posted a similar question a while ago but I just wondered which destinations are on the wish list of fellow forum members?

I don't know if it's because the sun is shining outside or if it's because I've been inspired by the amazing colour of the sea on Keith & Rita's Half Moon Cay photo but i've been day dreaming for the past few minutes about places I would love to visit.

More places in the US are definitely on my to do list. I badly want to experience a fly/drive at some point along Route 66 but would also love to visit other US destinations like Seattle, Nashville, Washington DC and Chicago.  

Further afield, I long for a little spell in the Maldives but would also love to spend a few days in French Polynesia.

An Australasian cruise is another one my bucket list. 

Closer to home, I intend to take in a few city breaks soon including Reykjavik, Berlin, and Paris.

So just a few places I want to visit tongue.png.

How about you?

Hi sammy sun,

Bucket list currently contains:-

1. Iceland - setting off with Celebrity on Tuesday (yippee!!!)

2. The far North of Scotland and The Orkneys - caravan trip planned for this Summer, taking in Edinburgh Fringe, then Scarborough Cricket Festival on the way back.

3. Victoria Falls - no plans as yet

4. India's Golden Triangle and Ranthambore National Park - this is my wife's number one but, as yet, no plans.

Keep dreaming,

DavidH

TheQueenOfCruise likes this

Hi sammy,

If we are talking dream destinations then Alaska and the Galapagos Islands would be right at the top of my list right now.

As for semi-realistic, I do have Australia on my radar for some time in the not too distant future (hopefully)

seawitch likes this

Hope you have a great trip with Celebrity Cruises to Iceland David. Hopefully you'll share your thoughts with us once you're back.

As for my bucket list, where do I start? The list is endless but a few of the destiantions on my wish list are....

New York

Iceland - Reykjavik

Canada

Vietnam and Thailand

Morocco

Norway

Maldives

DavidH likes this

My bucket list is forever growing! Here's my top 5smile.png

• San Fransisco
  • Rio
  • Machu Picchu
  • New Zealand
  • Phillipines

Hi   There's so many places I have yet to visit, it's also impossible to give a list but here's a few

The South Sea Pacific Islands

New Zealand

Japan

Antarctic

Big Game Watching in Africa

seawitch likes this

There are so many places I want to visit and the list keeps growing and growing!!! Iceland, Borneo, Mexico, New York, Vegas oh there's so many to list

great question really hard to decide where I would choose as my top 5 ,

1 - Maldives

2- Alaska

3- Dubai

4 - north cape - northern lights

5 - tahiti 

Crossing one off the list in September when we go to Japan. The South Pacific Islands, the Grand Cnyon and Thailand are for future planning, but in the last couple of years we have been to Vietnam, Philippines, India and the Galápagos. The list never gets any shorter because we keep thinking of new places to. Is it.

DavidH likes this

You've visited some great places smtcan! Would love to hear all about your travels in Japan when you're back.

I would love to visit Vietnam, Thailand, Dubai, Mexico, New Zealand

You've visited some great places smtcan! Would love to hear all about your travels in Japan when you're back.

I would love to visit Vietnam, Thailand, Dubai, Mexico, New Zealand

We are not getting any younger, but luckily we are both in good health. We are trying to visit places that involve long flights while we can. We went to Australia and New Zealand for our 40th anniversary and would love to go back there. The Galápagos Islands was my all time favourite trip, very expensive, but a one time splurge and worth every penny.

We are not getting any younger, but luckily we are both in good health. We are trying to visit places that involve long flights while we can. We went to Australia and New Zealand for our 40th anniversary and would love to go back there. The Galápagos Islands was my all time favourite trip, very expensive, but a one time splurge and worth every penny.

That's the problem with topics like this. They bring one face to face with the reality of limited mortality.

So much to see and so little time!!!!!

I'm getting morbid - where's that Cognac?

DavidH

sammy sun likes this

England, Ireland, Scotland and Normany, France. They may not be possible however we cann wish!

That's the problem with topics like this. They bring one face to face with the reality of limited mortality.So much to see and so little time!!!!!I'm getting morbid - where's that Cognac?DavidH

David, we both had major health scares a few years ago, luckily behind us now, but decided to do as many of the things we wanted as we could. My father looked forward to travelling when he retired, but died suddenly at 67. My mother travelled extensively until she was 90, but after that she did slow down although she was still active until she passed away at almost 101.

DavidH likes this

Great question.

1/ Australia  - Doing that on Voyager in 2017. 

2/ South Pacific - Considering that for 2018

3/ Asia - Vietnam - Hong Kong

4/ South America - Antarctica

5/ Alaska.

There are many places I would like to go back too but the worlds a big place and I am limited to sailing or flying from Scotland plus

Manchester or Liverpool at the furthest(they are difficult but have managed the train to both recently)(not easy in 80's and disabled, assistance is excellent though)

Indian Ocean Islands, booked for end of 2017(Boudicca)

South Africa, booked for early 2018(Boudicca)

New Zealand

Japan

Hon Kong and China