Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

katie_cruise

We're on board Harmony of the Seas!

18 posts in this topic

Myself and a few of my lucky Bolsover colleagues are currently on board Harmony of the Seas in Southampton. We arrived about 1pm at City Terminal and within 10 minutes we'd checked in, cleared security and were on board. The ship is huge, impressive and very entertaining and I haven't even seen half of it yet! We're currently sat awaiting the muster drill to take place so thought I'd take the opportunity to upload a few photos so far... Visit my 'Harmony of the Seas' album in the Gallery and see what you think!

doratheexplorer likes this

WOW, this looks absouletly incredible i must say Katie_cruise. I am very new to the cruising industry and have recently booked my Regent Cruise, however at the other end of the spectrum this would be a completly different holiday, that I am sure my grandchildren would be thrilled to be aboard this ship.

Wow Harmony of the Seas looks amazing! Hope you have a lovely time and looking forward to seeing more fab photos. Any ideas on where you'll be dining for the night?

katie_cruise likes this

We ate in the main restaurant on deck 3, American Icon, Cast Ashore. It was rather busy but our waiter was superb. I can highly recommend the duck terrine, filet mignon and crew brûlée!

We've been to the jazz club for a wonderfully entertaining evening, and now in the Royal Theatre waiting for the comedian Chris Ramsey...

This morning I've inspected the gym, it is of course huge! Fully equipped just about sums it up there is a separate spinning bike room with big screens, weights area, the usual treadmills and cross trainers etc. The Vitality Spa is set over two levels, with hair, makeup and treatment/consultation rooms on the top floor, and thermal beds & sauna area below. It cost $30 for a day pass to the spa which included steam room access, sauna and thermal beds. Just what the doctor ordered after my run punch(es) last night!

Just returned today on Queen Victoria and from QE2 terminal she made made Ventura look like a little tug boat berthed next to Harmony. She is absolutely huge and sorry but at 6700 passengers, 23 swimming pools, 20 restaurants and a theatre capable of seating 1400 she is not for me I like the bigger ships Britannia/Royal/Regal but Harmony is a step too far.

JH327 likes this

I'm drooling at the thought of the food you had katie cruise! The images of the spa look fab. How was the rest of your time on board? Also did you see get to see a show? Would love to know what you thoughts were if so.

Hi, we had a blast, it really was a 'fun' ship. It's definitely a ship for families, young couples or those young at heart! It was loud, it was fun, there was so much to see and do, yet you still received excellent service from the crew and the standard of accommodation was amazing. The suites are out of this world of you're looking for luxury. 

Let's face it, this ship isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, like sinbad10 says. My parents wouldn't like this ship, they prefer the more serene environment of a Cunard or Seabourn ship where the entertainment is more low key. I couldn't imagine my parents sliding down a 100ft slide or surfing on the back of the ship. However, my facebook feed has been swamped by many friends in the 20-40 age bracket, some with children, keen for me to price it up as they can't wait to give it a go! 

You can't fail to be amazed at the diverse entertainment and dining venues on board, such as the Jazz Club, the Bolero's 'latin' bar, the outdoor theatre etc, plus the many restaurants, including the more intimate smaller dining rooms such as Wonderland. Personally, I think a week on board would be ample, and I would definitely recommend upgrading to the all inclusive drinks package else you could spend a small fortune if you like a few drinks!  The production of Grease in the Royal Theater was probably one of the best I have seen at sea, and I would highly recommend it.  

Sounds like you had a fab time katie_cruise! Harmony definitely isn't everyones cup of tea. I've seen mixed opinions on here and on social media with some people loving the look of her, others referring to her as a block of flats etc. When it comes to dining and entertainment there seems to be so much choice but as you say cruisers who prefer the serene environment of smaller ships then Harmony certianly won't be for them. Glad to hear that the production of Grease was also a hit!

I'd genuinely love to give this ship a go. I love having lots of different things to do and the dining choices look incredible. I take your point about a week being enough, I think it would be for me too, and I can't imagine the array of ports to choose from being too expansive with a ship that size but that said it would be all about the ship on a holiday like that.