Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlielou

Casablanca

4 posts in this topic

Hi  There is no doubt that passengers who visit Casablanca have widely different views on this port.  The city is dilapidated by European standards and is chaotic.  The bazaars are interesting but the vendors are very intrusive and many including me find this very off putting.  The mosque is impressive but non-muslins are not allowed inside.  A visit to Rick's café (obviously a mock up) is a popular attraction.  The entrance to the port is crowded with young males (probably trying to find a way into Europe) and can be intimidating particularly for female tourists.  On a personal level I can say that the destination isn't one of my favourites but unlike many ports you are aware that you have entered a totally different culture and lifestyle. 

Would welcome any reviews for Casablanca. Going there in October for the day and heard some mixed reviews on Morocco.

Can't say much other than "never again" as has already been said locals are very intrusive and intimidating, as you step off the ship the taxi touts won't leave you alone, they won't take no for an answer, so much so they were even trying to physically drag people into taxis.

When I last ported in both Cassablanca and Tangiers at a guess less than 100 disembarked (walking) and most of them got straight back on following the harassment by the touts.

HLM.