Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cruise traveller

Harmony of the Seas Construction Site

12 posts in this topic

While most people have been singing the praises for the all-new Harmony of the Seas, others haven’t been quite so glowing with the reviews (and I’m not talking about those who have called Harmony a floating block of flats or ugly etc). Paying passengers have posted pictures of construction work that still needs doing / is being carried out on their four day cruise, with some angry passengers referring to Harmony as a serious risk to all passengers. Not only has there been ongoing work, some of the main attractions have also been closed.

To see the pictures and more on report from the BBC, click the link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-36389384

That's not good enough really is it? I've been all for Harmony and tried to see the positive sides of her size but to be still doing work such as this on board when passengers are getting on for a maiden voyage is terrible. I agree with the BBC article that all ships have teething problems and I'd imagine it's to be expected on maiden voyages but I was thinking more in terms of logistics or Wi-Fi issues, not bathrooms still being fitted and corridors blocked off so carpets can be laid. Surely they should have had this finished sooner.

There are a few more shocking images in the article below - blocked toilets, sharp debris in the children's pool... This is definitely not the publicity you think Royal Caribbean would like to be seeing. I too have been all for Harmony, but seeing some of these images is pretty shocking. As stated in the BBC article you can expect teething problems but this seems a little too much.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14521075.Overflowing_urinals_and_shattered_glass__Harmony_of_the_Seas__like_a_construction_site_/

I have just come from from a three night trip to Cherbourg on Harmony. Our cabin was spacious, the staff were friendly and efficient from start to finish, and the food was excellent. The ice show was so good we saw it twice. The only problems we encountered were a few other guests : the pair of drunks sitting behind us at the first iceshow who upset those around them with loud comments. They left before the end leaving a broken wineglass on the floor, which still had red wine in it. At the second show a woman in front of me continued to take photographs despite having been told not to by a member of ataff.

Embarking and disembarking were the quickest and least-hassle ever.

For me it was a birthday treat which was just that.

WAVES likes this

I must agree with Aliafloat. We had a wonderful time. The staff, food and shows were fantastic. I wish it would operate again from Southampton.

Whilst a good time might have been had by those on the cruise in question I do feel that if a person has paid for a cruise the ship should have been up to scratch and not still under construction as it appears to be on the websites mentioned. I know that a new ship will have its teething problems but to have safety issues isn't really a good thing.

Was on board for the 4 night cruise, and it was not nearly as bad as people are making out, i never saw anything sharpe or dangerous anywhere around the ship - it was brilliant and wouldnt let a few small issues ruin it for me! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png  just wish i was going back on board sad.png

Wansbrough likes this

I did see one man with a screwdriver, doing something technical, but never saw anything half-buillt, or not finished. Not sure where that might have been- we didn't go to nightclubs, so can't comment on them. Central Park was wonderful. Papers love bad news, not always bothered about accuracy!

I was on the 4 night mini cruise to Rotterdam and can assure you the press have not made more of it!! I travelled with my 6 year old and NONE of the children's facilities were open and thank god the splash pool wasn't as it had loads of broken glass in it! It seems they had finished the areas which made most money but the upper decks were terrible - panel of glass fell out of deck 16, there were open drain holes, power tools and cables lying all over the floors, stepladders all over the place, it was not good I can assure you - teething problems yes but stil finishing ship NO!! My little boy (along with a lot of other children) were so bored, ended up spending a small fortune I. The arcades to keep him occupied. Luckily we didn't have any issues in our cabin apart from a very noisy mini bar and creaky bathroom door but spoke to lots of people whose toilets didn't flush and showers kept stopping! I have to say this was my worst cruise experience and if it had been my first time I probably wouldn't cruise again. Royal Carribbean have to start accepting g some responsibility for this complete farce of a trip!