Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sanders

Arcadia

15 posts in this topic

Arcadia is a mid size ship for adults only. Most of the passengers belong to the older generation. She has a useful library, an attractive but small cinema where it is essential to book a seat. If you say what information are you wanting I'm sure forum members will be able to give you more details.

Hi Lucy and welcome to the forum. What would you like to know? 

Arcadia is a nice ship but a couple of years ago it underwent a refit whereby more cabins were added near to the crows nest which I think changed the ambience of it slightly. I don't know if you are encountering travelling on your own, if so I would not recommend it on this ship as, from what I remember, the singles are in this refit area which can get very bouncy in bad weather. The ship itself is very stable but near the crows nest you feel it a lot. The other thing is that if you price up the single and compare it with a double cabin of a similar category and pay a single supplement the cost can be very similar or in some cases lower with a double cabin, also you have more choice on where to be.

It you would like to let the forum know more about the information you want then I am sure we can help.

TPP

i did not know P andO did aldults ship i thought that was amazing i never been on a ship for adult befor i allway been with Thompson i did like the ship that i have been on . Befor it was calld the Thompson Destney she was lovely aswell i been to monko on her and Itlly aswell did the lening tower of peaz  the Thomson Destney was my fravrot ship she was very big and that what i like about her i do like the big ship some are massive like the indpendence of thye sea now that is a big ship i am going to be honest i am not a fan of fly cruise i like to go from England 

Rum+Sun likes this

i think PandO cruise are great i been want to go with the for year but not had the chane to i hope i can wen is my 30th birthday 

If I were 30 I would choose another ship.

It isn't the layout of Arcadia that I don't like it's the way P&O use it. On most ships of this size or bigger there are at least two choices of entertainment available after dinner, not including the house bands, in the theatre and a show lounge. Arcadia does not have a show lounge. The Globe, the nearest thing to a show lounge, is used as the disco which most of the time is dead. The house bands (a solo singer, a duo and a four piece) all played similar types of dreary middle of the road music - nothing much up tempo except occasionally. This information is based on two cruises taken in 2014 so may be out of date.

I would not go on Arcadia again unless there were reports of a positive change. From the P&O stable I would choose Azura or Ventura - not been on Britannia so can't say. IotS we were on in 2012, they had a resident rock band onboard and the entertainment was much more lively.

RayO

dancefloordemon likes this

Each to their own Sanders but if you're looking for widespread entertainment perhaps a bit more suited to a younger crowd, I would not suggest Arcadia. Although she is a nice ship, I do think Independence of the Seas would be much better for offering you entertainment choices. Royal Caribbean offer far more expansive entertainment than P&O in my opinion.

Hi Sanders, as a few other forum members have pointed out Independence of the Seas may be a better a choice if you're looking for a ship with more entertainment choices. Independence of the Seas has got everything from Flowrider, a rock climbing wall, ice rink, main pool, theatre, adults-only solarium and plenty of bars and lounges.