Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KeithnRita

What ship and cruise would you pick?

13 posts in this topic

If money and time were no objects and you could pick any cruise leaving in this month of June, what cruise and ship would you choose?

We would choose this one:

13 Night Alaska Cruise Tour From Seattle/Tacoma on the Holland America Zaandam

PRE SEATTLE/VANCOUVER COACH; VANCOUVER; SCENIC CRUISING; KETCHIKAN; JUNEAU; SKAGWAY; GLACIER BAY; AT SEA; SEWARD; *; *; *; SEWARD/DENALI COACH; LUNCH; MCKINLEY CHALET RESORT; DENALI MORNING AT LEISURE; PM TUNDRA WILDERNESS TOUR; TRANSFER HOTEL/RAIL DEPOT; MCKINLEY EXPLORER: DENALI/TALKEETNA; MCKINLEY EXPLORER: TALKEETNA/ANCHORAGE; TRANSFER RAIL DEPOT/HOTEL; WESTMARK ANCHORAGE HOTEL; TRANSFER HOTEL/ANC AIRPORT; AIR: ANCHORAGE/SEATTLE; HOTEL COURTESY TRANSFER SEA APT/HTL; HILTON SEATTLE AIRPORT; HOTEL COURTESY TRANSFER HTL/SEA APT

We've cruised on the Zaandam twice before and It is one of our favorites. If we did not already have a family vacation planned this month back to Florida we would jump aboard!

Land Ahoy likes this

Hi  My answer is simple the cruise ship Europa 2.  I wouldn't be bother about the itinerary.

I'm with you!  Europa 2 is my dream ship at the moment - definitely one I want to sail on eventually.

Yep Europa 2. Cruised on her last year, total bliss. Booked for 2018. Unfortunately unlikely to be an annual event. i have what many would say are excellent resources (no boasting involved) but not enough for an annual trip on her and still cruise 5-6 times a year. My Dad always said cut your cloth to your income. Good advice, Europa 2 is now and again, an eagerly anticipated treat. P&O and others are every year 2-5 times a year. Then add on the land holidays. Could I reconcile fewer yet better quality cruises/ land holidays? Nope. The point is to travel see the world, explore and enjoy home and abroad. I spent so many years tied to my business and a desk. Thats done and its my time to travel and enjoy. 2 weeks of absolute bliss versus 12 - 16 weeks travelling????? No contest. I am well pleased with what my resources allow. Europa 2 now and again just the icing in the cake and then marvel that some can do this all the time.  

Land Ahoy likes this

There are many that I would like to do but going on the "money is no object" rule it would be with Seabourn and I'd go for the Adriatic and Greek Isles sailing on Seabourn Odyssey. I'd love to try Seabourn. I've read and heard so much about them that I like. Just the whole experience with them sounds fantastic and the marina on each ship is also highly appealing. That would be the one for me this June.

Iceland (again) with anyone other than P&O.  Wish Princess was going there soon.

Norway, all the way up with either Princess or Celebrity, but Hurtigruten might be worth a try for the novelty.

Germany with Fred would be a bit of a curve-ball but doing the Kiel Canal and cruising along the river to Bremen looks interesting.

Boston in the fall after a transatlantic is on the wish list as is Alaska.  Don't fancy Cunard though so maybe Celebrity.

Small ship cruising along the coast of Croatia would be a dream, but this may be something I would have to do alone (as in "you won't get me on one of those" from my other half)

I'm with you!  Europa 2 is my dream ship at the moment - definitely one I want to sail on eventually.

Will it sail from Scotland preferably Rosyth?

For me one of the Majestic Line of Scotland ships around the Western Isles. Only 12 passengers but food that is second to none and visiting places that even the smaller cruise ships can't get to. Imagine being at anchor in a loch where the water is so calm that it makes a mirror of the scenery. Where mist is rising from the pines and conifers on the bank, seals sun bathe on rocks and the only sound is of Gannets diving into the water for fish. Did it 3 years ago and it was spectacular.