Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2torts

Daft little ambitions

8 posts in this topic

I'm sure we all have big things that we wish we had done or could do ( I wish I could swim) but does anyone have any silly little things they would like to do? I've always wanted to be the front end of a pantomime horse (or any other animal).

dancefloordemon likes this

I've always wanted to paint an "I" in the middle of a "To Let" sign :-)

When desperate to find one I have often hopefully read them with an "I" in & been disappointed!

Hi 2torts,

It's never too late to learn to swim. After 35 years of being terrified of water I was told that if I couldn't swim I would not be accepted for a serious career change that I had trained very hard for (I was being wound up but didn't know at the time). I went on holiday and went in thier indoor pool with just my partner at that time to catch me if I went under. Half an hour later I was doing lenghths of the pool, no word of a lie. It's amazing what determination can overcome. It's the best thing I've done, it transforms holidays. I've been swimming with dolphins and taught myself to snorkel in an amazing reef off Mexico.

Be brave and have a go.

GiGi

dancefloordemon likes this

Hi GiGi. I've hated being in water ever since I got out of my depth in the sea when I was 10. I don't even get my face wet in the shower. I did go to 2 sets of 10 adult swimming lessons when my children were little but the instructor only got me off the side of the pool when he was holding the other side of the float - when he left go I panicked. I did go to sign up for a third set of lessons but he had committed suicide so I gave up.

Oh don't give up. I've now realised that it was the fear and panic making you tense up that causes you to go under. If you get the chance to go to a pool with someone when it's quiet try floating on your back, you'll have someone there beside you and you'll realise that you are buoyant!

( but I too still don't like water on my face, luckily when you snorkel on the surface you can still breathe and you have a mask on!)

GiGi

Thanks for the advise GiGi. I think that if my husband could swim I might trust him to help me but unfortunately he can't.