Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Terminator

Innovations at sea

6 posts in this topic

We all know that RCI have brought some new and innovative ideas on board their latest ships with bumper cars and zip lines etc but is there anything that you personally would love to see and that would make you want to try.

One of the nice subtle innovations that I found on Anthem to be a pleasant change, was the introduction of RFID sea passes rather than the traditional magnetic stripe ones.

On every cruise I've taken of more than a few days, my magnetic stripe sea pass has demagnetised and stopped working.  No such problem with the more modern RFID options.  I would expect all new ships to use this system.  New land-based hotels have these too, as well as some old hotels which have them retro-fitted.

No gimmick, but a small change that subtly improves the experience.

Furby and sammy sun like this

I agree with dst87, the new sea pass cards are definitely a step forward. I also like the high speed wi-fi, USB charging sockets in the cabin, tablets that enable you to get questions answered without the need to queue at Guest Relations.

To answer Land Ahoy regarding deck space, I have just returned from Ovation of the Seas and despite the ship being almost full there were many spare sun loungers and lots of deck space both in the sun and the shade. 

The use of advanced technology in shows such as Spectras Cabaret make for what I believe is one of the best shows at sea. There are many things on these ships which are made possible by new and innovative ideas, yes some are gimmicks but others serve a very useful purpose such as getting you from car park to cabin in less than 20 minutes.

Furby and sammy sun like this