Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tinkerbell

When do you start packing

45 posts in this topic

About 3 weeks before we go on a cruise if I happen to go into our spare bedroom I find that my husband has decorated the room with a dress suit, dress shirts, numerous pairs of trousers and shirts. Not to mention the shoes. He takes size 11 and loves to have a pair to match each colour trousers and these are lined up ready for packing. When he realises that I've seen he always says that he knows he can't take everything but he's put them there "just in case".

When do others start packing?

RobBar likes this

I pack the night before, if I do it before that I end up unpacking and packing that many times because I feel like I have forgotten something. So I make a list and then pack last minute.

The night before. I always say i wont leave it this late next time but happens every time. Running around Tesco at midnight for the stuff i forgot.

I gather all toiletries together about a week before to check what I need to buy & sort clothes about 3 days before. Tinkerbell, my husband takes size 12 shoes so I limit him to 2 pairs plus sandals as they fill half a case on their own & have to stuff socks etc inside them.

Terminator I am the butler. By the way do you give yours the sack if he/she forgots to pack something?

Sack?...that's far too nice and sends out the wrong signal.

You don't want to know what the punishment can be but suffice to say not much has ever been forgotten so it must be working..

Oldworldtraveller likes this

I'm terrible for this. Always one to leave things to the last minute. My wife likes to think she's different and plans ahead but she's still right there with me the night before panicking that we've not got everything we need.

Popsicle likes this

Rita handles all the packing. She is a pro! She starts accumulating about 1 month before and packs the bags about 1 week before we leave.

The night before :( I say I am going to be more prepared every time but still leave it until the last moment I never learn. 

The night before sad.png I say I am going to be more prepared every time but still leave it until the last moment I never learn. 

Neither do I. I'm always running and racing around the day before having left myself so much to do. You'd think by now I'd know better.

It always ends up being the night before! I always tell myself that I'll be more organised next time but I still leave it until the last minute.

I don't start packing too early - I will go through all my holiday clothes though about a week or so before to see what i already have and keep them to one side. Pack the day before!

Rita handles all the packing. She is a pro! She starts accumulating about 1 month before and packs the bags about 1 week before we leave.

Spoiled for sure

1 week prior in does this still fit , time to get to shops, 3 days prior with final night prior

I am terrible we go to Turkey in 6 weeks and starting to put things in , however I take them all out again the day before to iron them, pointless I know.  Toiletries I have for ages I bulk buy with my normal shopping. Travel Insurance I get the day before lastminute.com for important stuff