Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RosieT

rough seas

27 posts in this topic

What I'd like to know is have you cruised in rough seas? How did you cope? My first cruise was 10 years ago on princess around the Caribbean. Thoroughly enjoyed but...one night there was a terrible storm. We go down to dinner and we were greeted with 'come on in, enjoy the ride!' The waiter wasn't joking. The plates slid across the table and you had to choose your moment to catch the food as it went past. The classical music playing made us think of the last moments of the titanic. No one else seemed to mind chasing their food. We did find it funny but left hungry!

What I'd like to know is have you cruised in rough seas? How did you cope? My first cruise was 10 years ago on princess around the Caribbean. Thoroughly enjoyed but...one night there was a terrible storm. We go down to dinner and we were greeted with 'come on in, enjoy the ride!' The waiter wasn't joking. The plates slid across the table and you had to choose your moment to catch the food as it went past. The classical music playing made us think of the last moments of the titanic. No one else seemed to mind chasing their food. We did find it funny but left hungry!

My mum hates rough seas, she will camp out at the recepttion area and hide until it is calm again

Lots of rough seas, too many to tell stories about.

If you don't get seasick there is a major advantage to rough seas - you get extra attentive service in the bars and restaurants as there usually aren't very many passengers there. On the downside entertainment gets cancelled, outside decks are closed off and it can be difficult to sleep as you get rolled from one side of the bed to the other.

RayO

RosieT and Terminator like this

Thankfully  - up to now anyway - I haven't experienced rough seas!!

Fingers crossed I never do either, pretty sure I'd be under the bed!

and negative comments to scare new contributions away!

Negative? Maybe..but realistic nonetheless.

How many stayed around after the photography comp?

You could probably count them on one hand.

If you want to ensure folks post then any future comps. should come with the rule that a minimum number of posts be attained before entering.

Negative? Maybe..but realistic nonetheless.

How many stayed around after the photography comp?

You could probably count them on one hand.

and less will stay if they dont feel welcomed.

and less will stay if they dont feel welcomed.

I don't know which utopian planet you live on but these people are here for a chance of winning the comp.

They will disappear as quick as they've appeared after it's over.

If they'd wanted to be a member of the forum they would already have been here.

I 've seen it so many times on the few forums to which I subscribe.

We've had it a bit rough a few times but the larger ships cope well. We were on a small ship, Arion, on the way to Norway when it got very rough around dinner time. There was always a jug of water & a basket of bread on the table & during 1 big wave the jug emptied itself into the basket, all the cutlery slid down the table & one lady was thrown off her chair. A lot of the staff were seasick but the ones who weren't quite as bad still had to work including one poor bar stewardess who looked quite green.

I don't know which utopian planet you live on but these people are here for a chance of winning the comp.

They will disappear as quick as they've appeared after it's over.

If they'd wanted to be a member of the forum they would already have been here.

I 've seen it so many times on the few forums to which I subscribe.

yes of course, but some people might stay, but wont if they are getting attacked for daring to post just because they have seen a competition, what does it matter lol

yes of course, but some people might stay, but wont if they are getting attacked for daring to post just because they have seen a competition, what does it matter lol

Look at the last comp.the photo one.

The winner didn't even have the decency to say thank you to those that congratulated him for winning.

Took his prize and ran away..

Make a qualifying number of posts the criteria for entry to make it fair those of us who keep the forum alive on a daily basis

I'm not blaming the entrants, just the way the comp. is administered.

Look at the last comp.the photo one.

The winner didn't even have the decency to say thank you to those that congratulated him for winning.

Took his prize and ran away..

Make a qualifying number of posts the criteria to make it fair those of us who keep the forum alive on a daily basis

I'm not blaming the entrants, just the way the comp. is administered.

but again, what does it matter? and again, they will be even less likely to stay if they are met with negative, rude comments. and in the interest of that, thats the last i have to say on the subject

but again, what does it matter? and again, they will be even less likely to stay if they are met with negative, rude comments. and in the interest of that, thats the last i have to say on the subject

In other words you know I'm right...thank you

Our first cruise with CTC cruise line. 20,000 ton ship in Med. Crew came round to close the porthole covers, running side to side down the corridors. Floor disappeared between steps such a strange feeling. Captain kept telling us had stabilisers out but made no difference. It was quite exciting and lived to sail another day

RosieT likes this

Yes we've had trouble sleeping too. The creaking on ventura was unlike anything I've experienced before. Not put me off though. And just for the record, I have only just found this forum quite by chance...but have cruised for 10 years! Thanks for the welcome!

Terminator and Furby like this

Yes we've had trouble sleeping too. The creaking on ventura was unlike anything I've experienced before. Not put me off though. And just for the record, I have only just found this forum quite by chance...but have cruised for 10 years! Thanks for the welcome!

not everyone is negative, sorry, welcome to the forum and look forward to your input and experience :)

RosieT likes this

You're welcome..now make me eat my words and stay around..

RosieT likes this

We were on the Ventura Easter cruise this year and left Southampton just as storm Katie set in. We had winds in excess of 94 knots and you are right RosieT the creaking of Ventura was somethings we had not previously experienced but we put this down to the awful weather rather than any shortcomings of Ventura. The poor weather conditions lasted until the early hours of Wedneday morning and were a bit waring. I heard (although didn't see it myself) that one family were sat with their life jackets on.

We were on the Ventura Easter cruise this year and left Southampton just as storm Katie set in. We had winds in excess of 94 knots and you are right RosieT the creaking of Ventura was somethings we had not previously experienced but we put this down to the awful weather rather than any shortcomings of Ventura. The poor weather conditions lasted until the early hours of Wedneday morning and were a bit waring. I heard (although didn't see it myself) that one family were sat with their life jackets on.

Life jackets! Wow! Yes I understood from the crew that it was usual creaks and groans but the banging we heard was very loud.

Further comment on the sub-topic spat.

I think given the number of inane posts recently Terminator is defiantly, definately and definitely right.

The one post wonders are usually a full on moan never to be seen again, now we have something different.

RayO

Further comment on the sub-topic spat.

I think given the number of inane posts recently Terminator is defiantly, definately and definitely right.

The one post wonders are usually a full on moan never to be seen again, now we have something different.

RayO

yes it is true that you get one post wonders, never to be seen again, my point was what does it matter, if a few feel welcomed they might stick around, those that dont, so what