Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dst87

Any Mikado / G&S fans?

1 post in this topic

Off topic alert...

A few nights ago I had the pleasure of seeing the Scottish Opera / D'Oyly Carte Opera Company production of The Mikado, and I have to say it was excellent. Is anyone else on here a fan of The Mikado or any other G&S operettas? Did anyone happen to see this production?

I grew up watching my Dad perform in our local amateur G&S society performances, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them, especially The Mikado.

I have also enjoyed a few ENO G&S production at the cinema, which was a much better experience than I expected it to be. Well worth it if you're not within striking range of a decent theatre. At the cinema I enjoyed their production of Pirates of Penzance and, more recently, The Mikado. It's interesting to see the different approaches of the two companies when comparing the Mikado.