Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RosieT

how to stay on a cruise ship

27 posts in this topic

Day one:

After cruising many times before, this time I decided to think of a way to stay on the ship at the start of the holiday. Without actually paying of course.

So I hatched a plan.

All I had to do was get my husband a place on the dance show and then hey presto! He gets a staff cabin...I mooch about the ship all day whilst he rehearses etc and then I sneak to staff quarters at night. What could go wrong?

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Oh Kite63 I wish I'd read your post sooner!

It was tricky but I managed to find out who the main choreographer is and she agreed to give my husband an audition. He tried really hard but his moves just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the dancers. This was not going as I'd planned. I guess 80s disco doesn't impress everyone.

But fear not...I do have another idea and this one is bound to work. After all he already has the black tie and formal attire. How hard can waiting on tables be?

Rosie T why don't you claim to be the cruise comedian that way you get the cabin. If your first thread was anything like your ability you are better than most entertainers on the ships. Yes it is me again.

RosieT likes this

Good thinking Captain Kidd...but my plan is to laze by the pool for most of the day and eat in the evening. Being the cruise comedian may involve working shifts! Not conducive to the lifestyle on board ship that I am planning!

In that case wear white and make out you are from the Spa - you can charge so much no one will want your services and, if they do, it pays for the next cruise when you will have made that much you can have a Butler.

RosieT likes this

Day three

The trial of being a waiter was not exactly successful. Some passengers can get so fussy. The food was presented in the wrong order...it's just that some people don't appreciate eating apple pie and ice-cream as a starter.

It's OK. .I have a brilliant idea...and there are so many of them around the ship...just hanging there!

Don't tell me you are dressing up as a suitcase! Loads of them around and you can just change for dinner. You might get fed up of eating in the buffet.

RosieT likes this

I have checked out all of the lifeboats today and some look OK. ..just right for sleeping in! This has got to be my best idea yet! I will NEVER need to leave the ship again. Oh what fun! Evening entertainment. Food glorious food. Why didn't I think of this before!?

RosieT

I foresee a flaw in your lifeboat plan what are you going to do when they use your boat for either a tender or for safety drill? you need to think harder, I do have the answer to your problem should you wish to know it just let me know :D

Oh jaczs. ...That's a terrible shame! I thought I had found the answer to my dreams. You're right I am going to have to rethink. on second thoughts I guess it could get stormy and wet and cold. Don't make me leave! Serious thinking is needed now...

RosieT

You need to think outside of the box now what part of the ship is never used? there is one place which is out of the elements and you will never be found............................

Today we went to a learning at sea event all about photography. It was soo interesting and as a result I have a brand new, amazing, incredible plan. Yep, my husband is now training to be a photographer on board! Apparently part of the job is dressing up in super outfits according to the port! He seems to be overwhelmed at this prospect. It's Rome tomorrow. Who doesn't look good dressed as a roman soldier?

We are nearing the end of our cruise and I am running out of cunning ideas to stay on board. Being a dancer didn't work. Waiter...no. thought I had it sussed when I saw the lifeboats but no. So hubby to the rescue, I nominated him to join the photography team but alas this plan too has failed. Apparently dressing up in a roman soldier outfit is not how we spend a day of our cruise.

I am still keen to stay.

I do have one more plan and yes this is a stroke of genius I think you'll all agree.

The idea came to me on formal night when I saw the photography team putting up back drops. You'll never guess what it is!

Have you tried dressing your husband up as the Captain so he can just wander the ship at will during the day? If anyone challenges him he can just say they swapped at the last port and the old Captain as gone home. It seems so rare to see an officer these days that I am sure no one will even question this.

RosieT likes this

That's true pesky pirate but would it be the same experience working on a ship as being a passenger. The crew work so hard making everything right for what I'm sure must be some very challenging passengers at times. I enjoy the whole cruise experience so much I just don't want to go home. Back to reality. To stay on board is a dream. Every cruise I've ever been on I spend at least part of it dreaming of how to make the holiday longer...there has to be a simple way of doing this without the need to work? Hahaha

Bring a blow up mattress with you and sleep in the gym nobody would ever find you there and you will have an en-suite ............... sorted :D

RosieT likes this