Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dancefloordemon

Holiday Disasters!

16 posts in this topic

So I am due to go on holiday in few days and myself and colleagues have been talking about our holiday disasters- I am going to share mine with fellow forum followers- don't be shy, tell us your tale

October 2009 HudhoranFushi in the Maldives;

My Grandma, mother, sister and I went as a dying wish of my beloved granddad.

we had been on the island about 3 days and had arranged with the hotel staff to have the pier to ourselves for half an hour or so that evening to scatter my Grandfathers ashes.

Candles were lit and the setting beautiful ( as you can imagine)

My mum had written a beautiful poem which we read together - it was a beautiful moment in memory of my grandfather.

That beautiful moment was soon tarred as my mum started to scatter his ashes into the ocean, out of no where a gush of wind took place and threw the majority of the ashes into my mums face and mouth.

Naturally, at the time it wasn't all that amusing but all these years later we are able to have one of the biggest laughs at the most saddest/funniest moment I have ever encountered!!!

del82, Ahoy, kerry304 and 3 others like this

I once went on a skiing holiday to Andorra. Having never skied before I really should have done a bit of homework before I went, but eager to impress my then boyfriend I purchased the essentials (salopettes, some lovely Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses & a pink lipstick - well it is all about the apres ski, isn't it?) and off we went. The first time I ever encountered a chair lift was a memorable one... no-one told me I had to remove my over-sized rucksack before the whizzy chair came from behind and scooped me up. I literally had to hang on to the side bar for dear life... 

Ahoy and dancefloordemon like this

haha, laughing to myself I have just thought of another one- On my way back from Manchester airport to Sheffield.

As we all know- phone signals on trains is a rare occurrence,  so imagine my horror when I found myself locked un the toilet unable to contact my friend I was travelling with.

I pushed and pull and even threw my body into this door with no avail.

I was panicking about missing my stop so I pulled the emergency cord as I suppose anyone would in that situation.

how embarrassing for me when the train came to a halt and a member of staff SLID the door open.

£80.00 lighter from the fine and full of shame I shall never forget to try to slide as well as push and pull.

Horrendous.

kerry304, Ahoy, willow_12 and 1 other like this

Spain - My husband was playing boules at a hotel when he moved out of someone's way, his back foot hit the edge of a paddling pool & he fell backwards into it. He was very wet but otherwise ok but the rest of the players were only concerned about whether or not he had got his phone wet!

Corfu - On another occasion we were walking across some decking between 2 jacuzzis when he went through the decking up to the top of his thigh. It took 2 hotel workers to haul him out & he was very scraped & sore for a week.

Italy - During a game of crazy golf he fell off a step & damaged his ankle.

Basically if you can fall off it or into it he will!

wanderlust, Furby, HLM and 1 other like this

In 2001 Rita was bit on the lower leg by a small shark at our timeshare at Siesta Key in the Gulf of Mexico. It barely broke her skin and it took her 2 years to get back in the ocean.

We are leaving tonight for a family vacation to Panama City, FL, also on the Gulf. Recently a great white shark was spotted there so she probably just stay on the beach.

wanderlust and dancefloordemon like this

Spain - My husband was playing boules at a hotel when he moved out of someone's way, his back foot hit the edge of a paddling pool & he fell backwards into it. He was very wet but otherwise ok but the rest of the players were only concerned about whether or not he had got his phone wet!

Corfu - On another occasion we were walking across some decking between 2 jacuzzis when he went through the decking up to the top of his thigh. It took 2 hotel workers to haul him out & he was very scraped & sore for a week.

Italy - During a game of crazy golf he fell off a step & damaged his ankle.

Basically if you can fall off it or into it he will!

Your husband isn't Frank Spencer by any chance is he? Lol.

HLM.

dancefloordemon and 2torts like this

ha-ha- love these!!

I am off to Benidorm for ten nights on Saturday- lets hope I have no disasters there as I only come home for 3 days as I am straight onto the Azura for the Fjords cruise 03.07.16 smile.png smile.pngsmile.png smile.png  

wanderlust likes this

In 2001 Rita was bit on the lower leg by a small shark at our timeshare at Siesta Key in the Gulf of Mexico. It barely broke her skin and it took her 2 years to get back in the ocean.

We are leaving tonight for a family vacation to Panama City, FL, also on the Gulf. Recently a great white shark was spotted there so she probably just stay on the beach.

What kind of shark was this that bit her? I hope it didn't hurt her!!

ha-ha- love these!!

I am off to Benidorm for ten nights on Saturday- lets hope I have no disasters there as I only come home for 3 days as I am straight onto the Azura for the Fjords cruise 03.07.16 smile.png smile.pngsmile.png smile.png  

Your such a jetsetter!

dancefloordemon likes this

Yes I am excited Wanderlust- I have travelled on Ventura but never Azura so I cant wait.

Visiting Olden, Bergen Stavanger and Geiranger.

Well I have non booked as of yet- I think I will just see what's what when I am there. Although I am no avid walker I have purchased some little walking boots so I can go an d explore.

Lets hope I don't get carried away and miss the ship lol

So I went on a trip to Florida, after the 9 hour flight 2 hour transfer we reached our villa where we had our own private pool, after all the travelling I chucked my swimsuit on an ran for the pool... that was until I was greeted face first with the cleanest patio doors iv ever come across, as you can imagine after face planting the door with quite nearly a broken nose, a sticker was placed on that window for the foreseeable holiday! Doors 1 - Suetoo - 0