Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silverlady52

Panama Canal cruise on the Jewel

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone out there, I'm doing the Panama Canal cruise in November and wondered if anyone else had done it? Looking at the trips, there aren't any being shown for either Nicaragua or Columbia (the latter I'm dubious about wandering about on my own). Any input would be appreciated, also, opinions about the Jewel, but seeing as its paid for now I suppose it's too late to worry about any bad reviews. Previously I have only cruised on P&O and Princess. Looking forward to any replies.

Hi Silverlady and welcome to the forum. Whilst I cannot comment on the Panama Canal itinerary as I have not done it myself, I can comment on the Norwegian Jewel. I've cruised on the Jewel before and had a lovely time. I find NCL to be a good cruise line and I'm particularly fond of the dining choices on board. I thought the Cagney's Steakhouse on Jewel was excellent, as was La Cucina so I would advise giving both a try.

As for the itinerary, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time, it sounds great.

Hi Sammy Sun, thanks for your post, I will try the eating places you recommended, I'm looking forward to my first cruise on NCL as I always enjoy meeting other cruisers of different nationalities.

sammy sun likes this

Hi Silverlady, I was talking to a friend recently who has just been away with NCL, he had nothing but praise for them and had had an excellent trip, I have done the Canal but my itinerary didnt include Nicaragua & Colombia so I regret I cant advise, having said that it was a very enjoyable trip.

Thanks Cruise Chef, I 've just checked the itinerary in case I had got the stops wrong, but I hadn't. I will have a look on the internet for info about Corinta & Cartegena.