Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

wayne1065

Complaining is a gift!

13 posts in this topic

Bolsover has given us a great service and our Cruise experience in Alaska with Celebrity Cruises and the Solstice ship was memorable however things can always improve. The biggest way improvements can be made is by customers giving honest, specific and timely feedback. Any good organisation should see complaining as a gift...a free way of identifying how to be better!  Listening is one thing hearing is another. 

So my advise don't be reserved, don't be typically British and reserved but let people know what you think in a constructive manner.....and remember complaining is a gift!

Welcome to the Forum, wayne1065 and what a way yo start. I am sure you will fnd we are not backwards coming forward when it comes to complaining. It is a gift that many of us has received. The big problem is the direvtion you aim the complaint at as many let off hot air here but the industry providers, the cruiselines, are not members! Perhaps that is the start of another complaint!

totally disagree with your comment - it depends on the nature of the complaint. constructive criticism I can maybe see as a gift but not complaints. did anyone see the millionaire holiday programme on bbc? someone complained they had been sold a 'private island' but they could see another island from it so it wasn't private laugh.pnglaugh.png not sure what crosses peoples minds

JH327 likes this

totally disagree with your comment - it depends on the nature of the complaint. constructive criticism I can maybe see as a gift but not complaints. did anyone see the millionaire holiday programme on bbc? someone complained they had been sold a 'private island' but they could see another island from it so it wasn't private laugh.pnglaugh.png not sure what crosses peoples minds

How much money do you have to have to buy an island without going to visit it first? laugh.png laugh.png

JH327 likes this

oh sorry that is my mistake - they were sold a holiday on a private island

That does make a rather large difference! laugh.png

MG16 likes this

Nevertheless, what does it matter if they can see another island if the island they are on is in fact private to them? I consider my home to be private but when I look out of my windows I still see other houses.

http://www.wanderlust.co.uk/magazine/news/20-astonishing-holiday-complaints-thomas-cook-abta

saw these a while ago and made me laugh - these cannot be described as a gift. my favourite "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

And complain to the right people and do not spoil the cruise for your fellow passengers.

Always better to put your complaint in writing

As someone who spent years working in customer service, I would agree. If you have a genuine complaint and it is handled well you will think better of the company. For example we bought a batch of coffee pods online, one of the packets the pods produced a weak half cup of coffee. I called the freephone number of the supplier they apologized and sent replacements for next day delivery, because of the way they dealt with my complaint I will carry on shopping with them and recommend them to others as I know if there are problems they will be sorted in a quick and professional manner.