Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

hturtle

I dont get it - Early morning Rant

10 posts in this topic

Ok I will start by saying I quite like kittens and cute little puppy's (I dont but it may give the impression im caring and not hard hearted)

I understand that this MP who was killed was a Mother, Wife and Daughter but can anyone honestly say, who isn't based in Batley or Birstall that they have heard of her before she was shot/stabbed.

And yes it is sad that she has been killed but why is there this huge outlay of public grief and vigils, there is one in bloody New York today, I dont get it.  She hadn't cured cancer, been prominent in any life changing public decisions or raised millions for Charity she was just a normal person who happened to be an MP.  Unfortunately there are people in this country killed every day by nutters and if we give a vigil to all of them the candle industry is one I want to invest in.

I wouldn't say that I have a cynical side but if I did I would wonder if it wasn't being used as a tool to influence voters for tomorrow.

Mayway likes this

whether she has made millions for charity or was a normal joe bloggs why should it matter? every life is precious and I understand that people die every day and we have become desensitized to murders. not sure why you are ranting at people showing their respects to someone no matter what they have achieved in their life.

if you feel it is to influence people to vote then fair enough - don't let it influence you.

HLM, sinbad10 and Captain Kidd II like this

Ok I will start by saying I quite like kittens and cute little puppy's (I dont but it may give the impression im caring and not hard hearted)

I understand that this MP who was killed was a Mother, Wife and Daughter but can anyone honestly say, who isn't based in Batley or Birstall that they have heard of her before she was shot/stabbed.

And yes it is sad that she has been killed but why is there this huge outlay of public grief and vigils, there is one in bloody New York today, I dont get it.  She hadn't cured cancer, been prominent in any life changing public decisions or raised millions for Charity she was just a normal person who happened to be an MP.  Unfortunately there are people in this country killed every day by nutters and if we give a vigil to all of them the candle industry is one I want to invest in.

I wouldn't say that I have a cynical side but if I did I would wonder if it wasn't being used as a tool to influence voters for tomorrow.

Perhaps you should go back to bed Hturtle.

This poor lady was brutally murdered in broad daylight by a complete maniac, leaving children, a husband and many others to cope with that devastating loss.

If people feel the need to grieve let them, how are they affecting you?

HLM.

MG16, sinbad10, JH327 and 1 other like this

I don't need to know who someone is to be horrified at their brutal murder.  It's a sad event.

Gun crime is exceptionally rare in the UK, so when something like this happens it's bound to result in massive media coverage as well as an outpouring of public sympathy.  Quite right - I'm glad these events are so rare that we have such a strong reaction to them.

People naturally want to act when something like that happens, but in reality there is very little anyone can do to affect change.  Coming together like this is a great way to show support for the victim's friends and family.

HLM and Captain Kidd II like this

As I say I am not saying its not a sad event as it is devastating but why the hell would you want a vigil in New York, Liverpool or my home town of Nelson (lancashire)

She is nothing to do with these places.  A fireman, nurse, soldier, or policeman maybe

It's just people showing they care hturtle. Wish there were more people like that and less insensitive people like you on this planet you sweetcorn. I'm very much doubting you like cute kittens or puppies

I agree with you hturtle.   Yes people care, and people have always cared, but this outpouring of grief for someone 'in the public eye' is a very modern 'snowflake' phenomenon.  A lot of people are more insecure these days than ever before, and have to be seen to be with the 'crowd' and to show how they 'care' to everyone.  

There have been some particularly vicious murders of young children recently, carried out by family members.   I have yet to see the same outpouring of public grief for those poor young mites - funny old world we live in.

hturtle and Falmouthgirl like this

It is truly awful when someone dies and all the more awful when a life is taken by another through hatred but I agree with you hturtle the outpouring seems sometimes to be a little too much.

Rather than buying flowers to rot on a pavement give them to someone you love, we tend to forget about those most precious to us.

Popsicle likes this

It's just people showing they care hturtle. Wish there were more people like that and less insensitive people like you on this planet you sweetcorn. I'm very much doubting you like cute kittens or puppies

Which rude word did he use that the swear filter changed to sweetcorn I wonder?

boomboomtime and hturtle like this

I will admit I had never heard of the lady, but it turns out a surprising number of my friends and family had dealings with her as she championed a lot of charity causes. So not just your average person who was an MP

hturtle likes this