Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RiverSong

Pokémon GO (I wish it would!)

21 posts in this topic

If like me you have been wondering what the hell has been going on, with people running about with their phones, it’s a new app called Pokémon Go.  You chase these little critters as they pop up around destination close to you and use the camera on your phone.  At 40 years young I don’t really get it but I am curious to see if any turn up on board a cruise ship wacko.png

Maddie3 and nick1310 like this

I heard something on the radio this morning about a historical site being included, I think it was the holocaust museum. They have asked that it is removed from the game as it was disrespectful. I had no idea what they were on about.

Now you have briefly explained the game I can understand more about the comlaints in the museum.

I heard about this on the news! I can imagine it's very addictive. Maybe not the best thing to introduce on a cruise ship though. The news reported people were having more accidents - not looking where they're going and walking into lamp posts etc. Imagine that on a ship wacko.pngblink.png

I have been trying to get this app for a couple of weeks now, but its not been officially released in the UK yet.  I had to load my US Itunes account and get it from there

Good concept I think as its getting kids who normally sit on their derrière playing games and getting them active.

Doesn't interest me but I agree with hturtle that if it kids up an active it has to be a good thing, however does anybody know if there are cost implications, such a buying extra credits or something similar as is with most apps?

HLM.

Whilst it is a great idea for getting kids out and about, my wife raised a good point on it. It's great that kids get out of the house but they're heads are still going to be buried into phones/tablets etc. It's not ideal if a pokemon pops up in the middle of a road and their head is stuck in their phone. Just a thought.

A group of young adults around here got in trouble for trespassing afterhours in a cemetery playing this 'game'!

It's great for getting kids out of the house, even adults, they just need to watch where they are going. I also didn't realise until reading an article earlier today that the app keeps track on how much you've walked. 

Me and my 20 year old daughter took the dog out yesterday walking and had to go on a detour to catch them, so easy to get into it

Well it looks like your wish has been granted Willow, as I heard a report on the radio yesterday that their has been a 79% drop in people playing, maybe everyone is sick of walking into lamposts or the end of isle merchandise in the supermarket whilst consumed by their phone screen

willow_12 likes this

Well it looks like your wish has been granted Willow, as I heard a report on the radio yesterday that their has been a 79% drop in people playing, maybe everyone is sick of walking into lamposts or the end of isle merchandise in the supermarket whilst consumed by their phone screen

I had a feeling that this would be a short lived thing, a poor substitute for Geocaching which for kids and adult is far more fun at least you have to find real stuff not virtual :D