Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheQueenOfCruise

Fab time on Ms Boudicca!

3 posts in this topic

Overall I had a fantastic experience.

I loved the Boudicca for what audience she was aimed at.

I found that the entertainment was superb and enjoyable, after I thought I’d dislike it. I also felt the food was lovely, great choice in all the restaurants.
The cabins were roomy and spacious, even the porthole cabins didn't feel cramped or hidden away out of sight. The itinerary we sailed on was beautiful it incorporated ports such as Venice, Split, Dubrovnik and Malta. I enjoyed all ports of call and the excursions really stood out for me. The guides were exception and very knowledgeable. We were asking them all sorts of questions and they knew the answers straight away. There was quite a bit of walking involved I must add which was fine for me.

However, occasionally some of the other elderly guests had to take a breather. The day we arrived we had a pre embarkation boat tour of Venice. That was lovely to see Venice in all its glory! Sail away from Venice was quite a spectacle too. Everyone was out on deck watching it, the atmosphere was great! After speaking to guests a lot of them advised that the best thing about Fred Olsen was the itineraries. Personally I would have to agree with that. They also advised how at home they felt, one guest described it to me as 'it’s like cruising in your slippers' which I thought was very true and an excellent depiction.

I definitely felt that the cruise was excellent value for money. The drinks were very reasonable and the upgrade to drinks package of £10pppn was muchly appreciated by guests. The spa was also excellent value for money as some treatments were on offer and half the price of some competitors.

I loved the Afternoon Tea idea with the White Gloved service on the sea day. This was extremely popular! The tea selection was excellent and the cakes all homemade and absolutely glorious.
In conclusion, I would definitely travel on Fred Olsen again if the price was right and I liked the itinerary!

Tally, nick1310 and dancefloordemon like this

How interesting. I have sometimes considered a cruise on Fred Olsen and have been put off by the look of the cabins on their website. Also they do seem to have a lot of outbreaks of the norovirus. You seem to have had lovely time and a very enjoyable cruise. I like the sound of the afternoon tea.smile.png

TheQueenOfCruise likes this

Hi Tally,

The cabins were nice for what they were. The itinerary was so action packed we barely spent any time in there! I was very impressed with the size of it though, other times I've felt like me and my partner were under each others feet. We had a B grade outside.

Tally likes this