Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

Lowcost customers may receive £7.50 in compensation!

9 posts in this topic

Administrators for Lowcosttravelgroup have said that holidaymakers who have had their plans ruined will only receive a “negligible” amount of compensation, which could be a little as 1%/2%.  The firm had a bond in place with the Spanish regulators but this only totalled £1.09 million, potential claims from customers are expected to be more than £50 million.  There are about 140,000 customers that have lost out, which means there will be very little back for any claim.

The sad thing is many didn’t realise there holidays weren’t protected and just assumed they would be covered.  Once again the importance of booking with a reputable agent is highlighted.

Ahoy likes this

Time and time again we see internet sites not fully regulated and customers totally unaware!! It pays to check before you buy that companies are UK regulated and all the safety nets are in place. As RiverSong has advised it pays to book with an agent with your interests at heart rather than profit as sadly a lot of people will now be without both a holiday and the means to pay for an alternative

Always have and always will book with an agent. We have always made sure they are either ABTA or ATOL and check reviews of the company we book with

We all; know what we should do but sometimes teenagers are so thrilled to see a holiday at a cheap price that they do not read the small print and of course will never ask Mum & Dad for advice!! 

I do feel sorry for them and it is hard to learn this way.

It always pays to check but so often we can be overawed by an incredible price that we forget to make sure we're fully covered. We live in a world where price is key. We're all looking for a bargain especially when it comes to holidays. We want the most value for our money and therefore if we can get it cheaper elsewhere we will always look at it. There are downsides however and this is none more evident than in these circumstances. It's one of the many reasons I am particularly fond of cruising. With many cruise lines now the price is regulated to be the same across all agents and even direct with the line. Therefore it just leaves the decision down to vital factors such as customer service standards. It's for that reason that I have booked the majority of my cruises with Bolsover. Having sampled other agents, I found their service to be the best by a mile and I know that I am fully protected.