Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2torts

Change of port

10 posts in this topic

One of the ports of call on our next cruise has been changed from Crotone to Corigliano Calabro in Italy. Has anyone visited this port & if so can you tell us if it is a nice place to just wander on your own or should we do an excursion. Thanks.

Corigliano Calabro looks lovely, however I haven't visited this port. Is there anything in paticular that you would like to see or do while you are there?

Corigliano castle looks interesting but might be a bit far to walk. There are 4 excursions 2 of which include a visit to the castle but they do other things as well including wine tasting & a liquorice factory. One is 8 hours long & the other 6 hours which is a bit too long for us. We might be able to get a local taxi or perhaps there'll be a Ho-Ho bus.

One of our ports of call appears to have been changed, we have not been informed by P&O but on their website if you want to book the itinerary is different to the one we booked. Waiting to hear why the change as it is from a tender port with just us in port, to a tender port with another ship also in port.

We got an e-mail about our change from P & O the same day that the ports on the website changed. It's to do with keel clearance restrictions apparently which to a lay person like me sounds like that the water isn't deep enough.

seawitch likes this

Eventually received e-mail from P&O about Port change. It appears there will be no immigration facilities at the original port, so we have had to move. The letter also states this is better as we will be docking alongside, although the port doesn't seem to know this as their website says the ship is tendering. Will just have to wait and see.

Eventually received e-mail from P&O about Port change. It appears there will be no immigration facilities at the original port, so we have had to move. 

Didn't P&O realise this when they booked the port!!!!!!

sinbad10 likes this

Didn't P&O realise this when they booked the port!!!!!!

With all the changes people have been complaining of this year, I don't think the people planning the cruises and arranging the ports are doing their job very well. Changes for bad weather , civil unrest etc are understandable. But 'no immigration facilities' 'too many ships' ' no available dock' are excuses that should never happen. 

I think half the problem may be that in the UK holidays are booked so far in advance and I am aware that in Italy they have a tendancy to give priority to local lines rather than international companies, so if the Italians dont release their brochure until after the UK companies then they effectively queue jump.

It is frustrating though that port congestion is a regular excuse, maybe the ports need to plan days of arrivals better for all the shipping

I think half the problem may be that in the UK holidays are booked so far in advance and I am aware that in Italy they have a tendancy to give priority to local lines rather than international companies, so if the Italians dont release their brochure until after the UK companies then they effectively queue jump.

It is frustrating though that port congestion is a regular excuse, maybe the ports need to plan days of arrivals better for all the shipping

So whats the excuse for P&O cancelling ports of call too many times this year on their cruises to Norwegian Fjords. Sorry but they charge every cruiser port taxes and fees for every port and then at a late stage, mostly after the coincidence of paying final balance, they cancel ports of call. Sorry but its like an airport the closer you park your car to the terminal the more you pay, P&O seem all to willing to change itinerary and also change from docking to tender which is also cheaper therefore boosting their profits.

Oldworldtraveller and HLM like this