Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

micradot

Volendam - photo competition

23 posts in this topic

Terminator - why don't you show us a funny photo, as an example, rather than just putting down those trying to join in. Lets see some of that British humour.

I don't have any so won't try to make an everyday photo humorous just by adding a few words to it..I'm not that desperate for a camera.

And to be frank it's not my intention to put anyone down but I can only tell it like I see it.

It's called being honest...warts and all..take it or leave it.

Lol...you should change your name to Drama Queen..

If you find them funny then fine..I don't and have as much right to my opinion as you have to yours.

Have a nice day.

Lol...you should change your name to Drama Queen..

If you find them funny then fine..I don't and have as much right to my opinion as you have to yours.

Have a nice day.

Humour is very subjective and I don't believe I said I did find them funny however when people take the trouble to post photographs I don't think it is very nice to 'put them down' as you appear to be doing.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion as everyone is but why say anything if you have nothing nice to say on what should be a fun thread.

BTW I can't imagine ( or can I ?? ) why you should think I should change my name to Drama Queen, I rarely post on here so why would you presume I was, perhaps I know you from elsewhere, now there's a thought !! 

You have a nice day too.

Tally and yardarm like this

I agree. If somebody goes to the trouble of posting something why knock it? If you don't find it amusing just ignore it and leave it to those who do find it funny.

Who's "knocked it" I'm inclined to think that all Terminator is saying is the photos are not funny or interesting, and to be honest I agree, what's funny or interesting about a minibus with a Tesco logo or am I missing something?

HLM.

Terminator likes this

Humour is very subjective and I don't believe I said I did find them funny however when people take the trouble to post photographs I don't think it is very nice to 'put them down' as you appear to be doing.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion as everyone is but why say anything if you have nothing nice to say on what should be a fun thread.

BTW I can't imagine ( or can I ?? ) why you should think I should change my name to Drama Queen, I rarely post on here so why would you presume I was, perhaps I know you from elsewhere, now there's a thought !! 

You have a nice day too.

I doubt that very much unless you frequent the Kennet and Avon canal.

I don't blame you Tally. And I hope it doesn't put micradot off.

Where I come from there's a saying - If you can't say anything good, say nowt!!!

Just my opinion..................

*Dancing Queen* likes this

I was thinking about putting one or two photos into the competition but I think I'll give it a miss.

Looking at the entries up to now I should think any photo that is anywhere near amusing will win so give it s go.

Just my opinion of course.

As one who has posted a photo - thanks for the wonderful comments I really apreciate them (not).

If you want compliments then post a photograph that warrants one.

Simple isn't it?

If you want compliments then post a photograph that warrants one.

Simple isn't it?

I hadn't realised Bolsover had appointed somebody on quality control but thanks for the advice.

Furby likes this

I hadn't realised Bolsover had appointed somebody on quality control but thanks for the advice.

Please show me where I've said I speak for anyone apart from myself.

A post was directed at me so I answered it...it was only polite to do so.

I suppose I was hoping a little criticism might up the quality of the entries...seems I wasted my time

Have a nice day.

Unfirtunately not everyone's humour is the same and some just find nothing funny so please find below - nothing!

I thought it might have been a polar bear in a snowstorm with his eyes shut..thank goodness you told me.

Captain Kidd II likes this

This debate is losing track of the OP. The photos aren't humourous nor are they well taken. Just my opinion, which I am allowed to have without being vilified.

RayO

This debate is losing track of the OP. The photos aren't humourous nor are they well taken. Just my opinion, which I am allowed to have without being vilified.

RayO

Blimey...and they think I'm bad....

Captain Kidd II and HLM like this