Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Seven Seas

A Month Down The Line... QM2 Remastering

10 posts in this topic

I read somewhere earlier today that it has now been a month since QM2 was remastered. Has anyone on this forum had the chance to explore / set sail on a cruise on her since her remastering? If so, do you have any photos or thoughts to share on her new look?

I have not had the chance to sail on her since she has been remastered- But i did see on the Gallery on this forum that Bolsover has uploaded some photos from their visit on board if that helps biggrin.png

The photos really show the big difference between old & new it certainly looks very stylish, I wonder if this is something that will be completed across the fleet in time

The photos certainly show a big difference. I wonder if any forum members are set to sail on her so they can give us first hand reviews. I'm sure I did read somewhere that Cunard were planning on completing this remastering across the fleet. 

There has been one of the best reviews with photos on another forum by a  QM2 passenger , as the link is not to that forum and the passenger has openly put it on the web

the link is here. It is by a person who calls them self Gazroberts80  I believe he is also a member of this forum.

The way the review has been put together is in my opnion excellent.

https://cruisecritique.wordpress.com/2016/07/19/queen-mary-2-remastered-and-revisited/

HLM likes this

I was on Queen Mary 2 for 4 nights as part of a forum get-together and wrote a daily blog on board.  There are a few photos and comments about the ship (I especially loved the new Carinthia Lounge).  Mixed in with that is stuff about what we did on board as a group and what I did in Hamburg, but you're welcome to have a look and see if it helps.

Highly recommended, though.  It's a fantastic ship post-remastering.

You can read it on my blog.

HLM likes this

Thanks for sharing this review pennbank. I had a look over this last night and it was certainly a thorough and intresting read with plenty of pictures to occupy the review.

dst87 - thanks for the link, I will try and remember to give this a proper read later today.

dst87 likes this