Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harley1

BEST CRUISE EVER!

12 posts in this topic

What can I say but WOW! we travelled on Riviera for 10 nights for the first time July 2016. this cruise line is incredible.
For my husbands job we get to eat at many a fancy restaurant but non of those compared to the standard of the food on Oceania. I absolutely loved the fact we got all the speciality restaurants for FREE and the choice of food is unlike anything I have ever experience on a cruise line
The level of service was second to non to the point of we actually felt like we were on a private yacht. a prime example was I went for a swim and when I returned my sunbed had been straightened out, my towel had been replaced and a fresh glass of iced water placed at the side!!! 
We have been on Azamara before and loved the relaxed atmosphere, food and service but comparing the two cruise lines I would always swing more towards Oceania now
the down side was being a smaller ship of only 1200 passengers there was not a great deal of entertainment on-board, however we knew this as we had done the smaller ships before. to be honest it didn't bother us as the ship docked in until late most nights and dinner is such an occasion, masses of entertainment is not needed

Thankfully we got the drinks package before we embarked it was £38 pppd but this was for literally anything from cocktails, champagne, top shelf whiskies, gin, wines and beers etc....! (comparing it to companies like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean at the same price much more was included with Oceania, unlike the other brands they don't put a monetary restriction on drinks ie: up to 'x' amount per glass you had everything on the menu)
pricing examples; champagne $15.95 per glass, cocktails ran from around $11-15 depending on what you want, glasses of wine $11 -17 per glass, all of these come with a lovely 18% gratuity on top so I would defo recommend the drinks package!

I am already looking again for next years Oceania cruise and literally did not want to get off. worth every penny and we didn't spend a penny on board.
BEST CRUISE EVER!!!

post-50-0-55445100-1469714360_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-03860000-1469714368_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-71962800-1469714372_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-28068600-1469714377_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-34823800-1469714383_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-13375000-1469714388_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-97911500-1469714393_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-17044300-1469714402_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-62694600-1469714411_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-83826500-1469714419_thumb.jpg

I have wanted to try this cruise line for some time now. I've admired many cruise lines from afar in recent years, slowly attempting to work my way through them but Oceania is close to the top of the list. I think the ships look exceptional and the feedback you see is always glowingly positive. 

harley1 likes this

Oh wow, the food in these photos looks amazing! I've heard so many great things about Oceania, especially about how amazing the food is and how the cruise is certainly worth every penny.

Wow, those food photos have made us hungry! Great job!

We are happy for you having the best cruise ever. Thanks for telling us about it.

It sounds wonderful. I'm quite jealous and wish they did roundtrips from the UK apart from the Around Britain cruises.sad.png

Looks and sounds fantastic. After eading your post I am interested in cruising with them but like to sail from Southampton. Do they have any sailing for the UK?

unfortunately they dont! the closest they come is to sail out of southampton but end up in say . . .Rome for a repositioning cruise as i looked at trying to do southampton too! sad.png