Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mimosa

Flying Jet 2 with children

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone have an experience of flying with Jet2, with children, & not pre booking seats?  We've booked our flights for next summer, holiday on a bit of a shoe string after a few big holidays this year.  Our issue is we really don't want to pay an extra £80 to pre book our flight seats but we have young children (6 & 3).  Someone told me that a child under 14 years cannot travel with out an adult next to them which would mean we'd be ok to do it at check in, but I can't see this in the T's&C's anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated, apart from some smartie pants just telling me to pay out lol

We've just recently flown with Jet 2. Admittedly not with children. But just for your info,check in online becomes available about 28 days before. I checked in as soon as it opened up and the seats are automatically assigned. Ours were together. I only had to pay if i wanted to pick which seats i wanted. Hope that helps smile.png

Mimosa likes this

As far as I am aware young children cannot be sat without a parent. I am not sure on the age they have to be before the airlines would allow them to sit alone though

Mimosa likes this

thank you both, thats really helpful info.  I don't want to seem tight but £80 would be 2 meals out for us while we're away.  Saving the money means we can do nice things with our kids while we're on holiday

willow_12 likes this

I think it all depends on the airline because some family of mine are going on holiday later this week and their flights are booked with BA, they are travelling with their son (15) and grandaughter (3) they checked their allocated seats yesterday as they were told their grandaughter would be sat with at least one of the adults because of her age but when they came to check they had been allocated seats apart and on different rows! they are now waiting until 24hrs before to go in and change the seats free of charge as obviously a 3 yr old cant sit on her own!! Personally with kids i would always pre book my seats, it may seem an inconvenience and waste of money having to pay for them but ive seen it before when parents end up split up from their kids and have to ask people to swap with them so they can sit together, to me its not worth the risk but everyone is different :)

Hi,

I've been on a jet 2 flight beofre where the pilot wouldnt take off until someone had moved to allow an adult and a child to be sat togethor.