Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Kidd II

Mosquitoes on balcony

10 posts in this topic

Last time we were on Aurora, in May, we noticed a considerable number of mosquitoes on our Balcony furing our Baltic cruise. We wondered were they had come from especialy as it was not long after Aurora had returned from a world cruise. Next time we will take sprays in case it happens again.

Has anyone else noticed this problem onboard and what would you suggest to prevent them. Just concerned that we coukd find the Zika virus on ships.

I did wonder if they had laid eggs under the plastic flooring of the balcony which could happen on any ship. I am sure this incident is not a P&O issue more of one where the ship has travelled and the ships maintenance to reduce risk. If it happens again I would report it but wondered if it was a one off.

Don_Harrison likes this

I had also worried about mosquitoes when we were in certain climates. My husband re-assured me that mosquitos won't breed in salt water, they don't like salt water and don't like the wind. So I would say it was highly unlikely to find mosquitoes on a ship's balcony.

I had also worried about mosquitoes when we were in certain climates. My husband re-assured me that mosquitos won't breed in salt water, they don't like salt water and don't like the wind. So I would say it was highly unlikely to find mosquitoes on a ship's balcony.

Sorty, but I am not making this up. It was the first time I had seen any on my balcony which is why I started this thread. They did survive the trip to the Baltic and back. I eonder if they tipped the crew and paid saver fares!

I've never come across that before nor heard anything from family/friends that have cruised. I suppose while your sailing the seas they would fly off. Always best to take insect repellent.

Sorty, but I am not making this up. It was the first time I had seen any on my balcony which is why I started this thread. They did survive the trip to the Baltic and back. I eonder if they tipped the crew and paid saver fares!

I wasn't suggesting you made it up but I wonder if the insects were something other than mosquitoes. I think as they were stowaways they probably didn't pay the tips. I'd be very put out too if they received Loyalty points.wink.png

Captain Kidd II likes this