Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jollyjohn

Evening Music Requests

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone out there miss the evening music requests with P&O ships. We used to be avid listeners on the cabin TV between 6 and 7.30pm

every sailing day evening. P and O seem to have stopped doing this, what a shame!  Does anybody agree with me?

I miss the band as well but I miss the evening request programme on the ships TV on P and O cruises. It was done 12 months ago but we have been on a couple of cruises since and not had it.

we have booked a cruise to see the northern lights next February, has anybody any tips on what clothing would be best to take?

Warm ones the night in Alta when we went on the excursion "In search of the Northern Lights" it dropped as low as -26.

jollyjohn likes this

I was on a Hurtigruten trip in January up to Kirkenes and most nights we were down to the minus twenties. A three quarter length lined waterproof coat with a hood and a fleece underneath should keep you warm. A lined woollen hat is also a good addition together with thermal gloves that are also waterproof. Try and ensure that all your garments are of 'breathable' material so that you don't sweat. I don't know who you are going with or on what excursions but certainly on the ones I did we were supplied with special clothing by the company that organised the trips into the frozen waste for King Crab fishing and the trips on snowmobiles and Husky pulled sledges.

We saw the Norther Lights when we were at the Ice Hotel for the night. They give you sleeping bags that are good for -35.