Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

worldcup

New to Cruising

5 posts in this topic

Please can you recommend a cruise/destination to give me a good taster, I dont want to have to dress up every night and value for money and good weather are important . 

Please can you recommend a cruise/destination to give me a good taster, I dont want to have to dress up every night and value for money and good weather are important .

I would suggest Thomson/Tui as a good starting point, they offer good quality, informal and all inclusive cruises at reasonable prices.

HLM.

Before suggesting any cruise line can I ask what type of holiday do you normally enjoy?, star rating? large or small hotels? etc. Also budget comes into it. There are over 300 cruise ships out there operated by 62 cruise lines, choose the wrong one and you will hate it and never cruise again so lets get it right from the start.

pennbank likes this

Hi worldcup and welcome to the forum.

I agree with OWT, it's difficult to make suggestions without knowing a little more about what you like from a holiday. Based on your initial comments about not wishing to dress up, there are quite a few companies I could suggest, NCL being one of them. There are many cruise lines though that do have formal nights that you don't have to be part of if you do not wish to. So I wouldn't rule out cruise lines that might suit you perfectly just because of the dress code.

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Celebrity have a more recent relaxed dress code and they have a mix of voyages even down to a 2nt taster voyage from Southampton(although I would say sometimes these can give a false impression)