Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cruise chef

Who serves the best ice cream at sea?

12 posts in this topic

After a recent trip abroad where I subjected myself to some of the best ice-cream ever tasted, I wondered from forum members who they thought served the best at sea. I'm probably expecting this to be one of the Italian lines but I'm sure someone will spring a few surprises

Some of the best I have sampled was on board Holland America. There range of flavours and quality was excellent. It contributed to me eating too much of it, to which in the spirit of Jaczs, I submitted an immediate complaint! 

HLM and Jaczs like this

Other than Holland America, I found Celebrity to be pretty good for ice cream. P&O are not the best for this but I did like NCL too. It's hard to narrow down a winner in my eyes but I would probably go for Holland America...just!

Never sampled any of the Italian lines so cannot comment.

If you're a lover, as I am, of real gelato, as sold in Italy, you're only likely to find it on Italian ships - and probably not even there.  

The stuff P&O put out and pretend is ice cream bears as much relationship to real ice cream as chicken nuggets do to free range chicken.  Their accountants ensure that you'll rarely, if ever, find an item of food that hasn't been cut to the bone so far in price that it's inferior.

Hi  I am not a big consumer of ice cream but I did enjoy the ices served on Silversea cruise lines, I don't know whether it was made on the ship or purchased.

On our last cruise, which was on the Holland America Maasdam, the ice cream was the soft serve which we like, maybe to well!

Some of the best I have sampled was on board Holland America. There range of flavours and quality was excellent. It contributed to me eating too much of it, to which in the spirit of Jaczs, I submitted an immediate complaint! 

One hopes that one was suitable compensated with some additional hundreds and thousands a flake and a wafer? a proper fan one and not those awful thin oblong things.