Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Loumar

Travel Insurance

22 posts in this topic

Hi,we are travelling to usa then cruising home because its usa best insurance quote for single trip is £660,because my husband had heart attack over 10 years ago,stroke 2 years and is diabetic,I have tried everyone I can think of Saga Insure and go insure 4 etc etc,

Anyone with similar problems??

He is also over 65 quite fit so this is frustrating.I have had quotes up to £1983 just for the trip.

Dear Louma,

I am 67 and I too had a heart attack over ten years ago which resulted in me having a triple bypass, I was also diagnosed as type 2 diabetic, with high colestrol. I know how difficult it is/was to get travel insurance. About 3 years ago my wife and I opened a bank account with the Co-operative Bank which costs £13-00 per month and among the benefits of this account was travel insurance. I informed them of my medical problems and they put my in contact with Medical Screening, I gave them all my details, past history and a list of medication, to which they gave me a reference number. Much to our suprise they informed us that my wife and I would be entitled to Yearly European Travel Insurance at no extra cost, as well as the other benefits. So £13-00 per month multiplied by 12 months = £156-00 per year, we think this is brilliant for joint yearly european travel insurance. Every year around November I have to ring and update my information, which I am pleased to say as been No Change. Rest assured I am not an employee nor related to any employee of the Co-operative Bank and therefore I have nothing to gain. I just think that in this Rip-Off world good things are worth sharing.

Regards tommo

Try Staysure for travel insurance. I had open heart surgery last year and the Cardiac rehab. group

recommend several insurance companies that take you after heart surgery and when you are elderly

(I am 81)  Staysure gave the best quote. It was only slightly more than what you have been quoted

and that was for annual travel including Europe and Far East.

I know just where you are comming from, I was quoted over £1000 for a carabian cruise (bladder cancer , 5years clear, & on Warfrin for A F heart problem , I`m75 yrs old)).

A friend of mine who has had a triple bypass, gave me a telephone mumber last week, he highly recommed the firm but i can`t remember the name. It`s based in Leicester, the number is 0116 2720500,he`s 83 yrs old & said he found them very helpful & much cheaper than any other quote he`s had.

If you give them a call please post your oppion

Regards

MIKE M

Our insurance costs to USA and Caribbean have rocketed as my husband is now 70 and has high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes,  underactive thyroid and asthma. All of these are very slight and he is in good health. The best quote was for nearly £300 for a single trip and only a few pounds more for annual insurance. I am now 65 with high cholesterol and in good health. It didn't work out cheaper to get 'couple' insurance and my best quote was the same price for a single trip or annual insurance. We have taken out annual policies and have been to Florida, are booked to go to the Caribbean and will be booking to go to New York, spread over the year. We will then just go to European destinations. My husband's insurance was done through Holiday Extras, and mine was with the Post Office.

Just joined today and would like to comment re travel insurance. We had packaged accounts with RBS and Nationwide offering world wide and European cover respectively. Both have declined cover due to a heart condition. The common link appears to be U.K. Insurers who provide the cover to both banks. Comments re the Cooperative Bank are interesting, though I had heard they have withdrawn travel insurance from their packaged account. Can anybody confirm this? We found BUPA European Cover to be good and only a little more expensive than many of those also recommended on the Heart Foundation List provided by the hospital.

Evergreen.

Try Holiday Extras 0800 0830 195 got a great quote, mum had a heart attack and is 87 insurance for our family of 3 plus mum came in at under £200 for all of us including cruise cover, brilliant deal, they were recommended by Bolsover

I've had heart operation and I am 81 yrs old  and found Staysure Insur. very good.

also Avanti Max. They were very cheap for a week only in Europe. I recommend

Staysure for Cruise Insurance.

I have just used Holiday extras and they were much more competitive than any other company I had a quote from and the level of cover is brillant would higly reccommend them, the number i rang was 08007814085, hope this helps

Hi all, this is my 1st post so forgive me if in the wrong place. However insurance is everybodys pet hate! I am type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure & high cholestorol, my wife is high blood pressure & high cholesterol, I am 65 wife 62. Staysure quoted £287 for us both, Saga was £330 & Latitude was £300. Checked with my bank, TSB Platinum account at £17/month gives worldwide cover up to age 80. Plus we passed

the medical screening with no extra premium to pay. The moral is really you must shop around, I do not believe that companys partnering other companys necessarily make quotes any cheaper for their clients. Steve.

was considering a world cruise as a one off holiday of a lifetime, did a couple of online checks to see if I could get insurance but they all kicked me out once I declared bladder cancer. Maybe should have tried harder but that's on a back burner for now. Got annual cover this year (still around £600) for the same price or thereabouts as a single trip for 28 nights including USA. Used to get it free with bank account but that stopped when I passed 65.

Co-operative Bank have scrapped all their paid current accounts where you got extra benefits such as travel insurance so if anyone thinks they still have it and using it I would make a few enquiries at their local branch.

Ive just done mine for next year with Holiday Extras, as used by Bolsover, and my wife has a couple of conditions to declare plus our age, £130.00 for the two of us for two weeks.

Hi,

A friend of mine has gone through quite a lot of surgery and has been left with health issues, he uses Columbus travel insurance and finds them very good.

GiGi