Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hop24

First Time...

6 posts in this topic

... well not quite for me although it is for the wife. 

Hello everyone, just signed up as we are looking to cruise next year. We are 'very local' to the Bolsover Cruise HQ (shop :) ) so makes sense to get all we can before we set sail.

I have been on a Med cruise when a school and really enjoyed it however for the wife, its a completely different story; she wont even go on a rowing boat at the local park !! That said, with it being a 'special' birthday next year for me and if i want to cruise, she will make the effort - bless her :)

As we have started looking - what a minefield it is out there on the net and wow, so much advice (good and bad) so with the extremely positive reviews of BCC and the cracking deals they offer, Im hoping this will be the only place we need to go for everything.

As it stands, we are thinking Carribean and to avoid the 'Bay of Biscay !', probably fly cruise for 14 nights.

Thats it for now however I will have lots of questions as the weeks pass about the ships, cabins, preferred decks, best cruise lines etc.

Thanks all and stay afloat

Hop

WAVES likes this

Welcome Hop24. Personally we like P & O for the Caribbean because you fly straight to Barbados to board the ship &, as they use charter flights, once the luggage is checked in at the airport the next time that you see it is outside your cabin. Actually we prefer P & O for all our cruises partly because we like the size of their adult only ships & partly because it's so much easier to sail from Southampton. Oh and we also like to work in Pounds sterling on board.

Welcome aboard Hop! This forum is definitely the right place to be. There is a lot of cruise knowledge here so just ask away.

Welcome to the forum Hop24! The forum is certainly the right place for all your questions. Just ask away and i'm sure there will be plenty of members who will be able to help you along the way.

As you say you are close to Bolsover, then a two week P&O cruise in the Caribbean with non stop flights from Manchester would seem ideal for you. Check your luggage in at the airport and you don't see it until it arrives in your cabin. When you arrive at Barbados airport, there is a line up of small buses to take you direct to the ship, which takes around 45 mins. You don't even enter the terminal building so no queueing for immigration or waiting for your luggage.

Brian

Hi  The responders are correct in saying that P&O fly cruises to the Caribbean are very convenient; not having to go through USA homeland security which as to be undertaken to use most other cruise lines to visit  this region.  However, P&O is receiving some adverse criticism recently on this forum for the quality of the cruise experience.  It's your decision whether saving three hours are the beginning of the cruise is worth having an "inferior" cruise for the next two weeks.  I would seriously consider sailing with Celebrity cruises or even Princess both offer a better cruise experience than P&O, the flights to the USA are undertaken using scheduled carriers and not charter flights used by P&O and you are put up in an hotel the night before sailing.  Whatever you decide have a great holiday.