Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grandpa

P&O 2017 Cruises A price increase why?

12 posts in this topic

Hi shipmates have recently got my next year P&O cruise brochure and we spotted two cruises for next year

Arcadia and the Azure phoned up bolsover as we like a certain deck etc and was quoted a price that was a lot more then the brochure price, I asked why is this they are not really sure!!!! So sorry P&O not with you next year,

Has anybody else come across this yet

With floating prices they can go up and down. We were looking at one this year but the price just kept increasing rsther than dropping then, next thing, the ship was full! Moral is if you want it book it as soon as you can. We have 2017 booked up and have even started booking 2018 to get our choice.

Sailaway likes this

I have heard that P&O are doing very well at the moment and not struggling to fill ships, therefore they don't need to cut the prices

I don't think I have ever seen the price the same in a brochure to when you book, in fact I have said for a while they should just use the brochures for information rather than putting prices in there.

Captain Kidd II likes this

The answer should be in the terms and conditions in the brochure. I don`t have a current brochure but I am guessing that the relevant one is listed at about number 35 and should deal with "prices and extras".

If someone were to post the currency exchange rate/date mentioned therein, it could then be compared to the current exchange rate/date. As has been stated in an earlier post, the British pound has been falling against the US dollar since 23 June. At one point in 2015,we could get USD 1.65 for GBP1. I see now that it is less than USD1.30 to GBP1. Thus, if brochure prices were fixed at the time of USD1.65, then, on a very simplistic basis, P&O could increase the brochure cost by 25% to cover its dollar overheads (oil etc.). It would, therefore, be interesting to obtain a dollar quote from a USA travel agent to see if the dollar price of the cruise has increased over the same period.

I am old enough to remember surcharges. I fear these may return.

The fall in sterling will probably hit us the hardest with the ships which operate US Dollars on board.

Best deals seem to be when they are launched. You also get the best choice of cabin and on board credit rather than taking 'pot luck' in the late race. I've booked 2 out of the P&O 2018 Launch, as the prices are very good, and only a 5% deposit, something I never thought I would do, but too good to miss and now have something to look forward to. Prices they quote in the brochure are always the cheapest cabin of each type as well, so it's only really a guide, but a helpful one I think. As for these 'Buy one get second half price ' well they are rubbish ....... as I haven't found a deal on any of them yet.... They put the first price up to cover the so called 'discount' so they aren't giving you anything, and I have heard of people booking them ended up paying a lot more than if they had booked without the offer .

We have failed to find real last minute bargains with P&O for several years.

Last two bookings we made on release day and were by far the cheapest throughout the whole period.

Booked 2017 for Arcardia and within the couple of months of booking there was a massive price increase!! So glad we booked straightaway , not only getting the cabin we wanted, the dining we wanted etc etc but at the best possible price - thank you Bolsover.....

Captain Kidd II likes this