Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevboy

coach transport to Southampton

9 posts in this topic

Hi everone, I`m Kevin and have been cruising for many years on several cruise lines but mainly with P&O.

For the first time I am planning to travel by coach ( cruise connect) from Manchester to Southampton. In the past I have considered going by Eavesway because they looked so efficient and reliable. Now however, P&O only use cruise connect and I have heard many bad things about them.

Could anyone who uses them regularly give a bit of advice or reassurance.

thank you. kevboy

Eavesway also transport to different ships. On my last cruise one couple came by Eavesway and had their luggage taken to the wrong ship, they were only reunited at the last port of call. Because they had used Eavesway and not Intercruise/Cruise Connect the cruise line could/would do very little for them.

My first experience of Eavesway was marred by the coach taking a detour of one hour to pick up two passengers. And on the return journey narrowly avoided losing my luggage as the driver had unloaded my case to reach others then left it. If I hadn't been sitting above the luggage hold and noticed it would have been left at the motorway services.

I have used both companies and have not noticed any great difference. Apart from my first experience as above I cannot remember which coach company I used on any cruise. I do not find their coaches particularly comfortable, and there is a fairly steep flight of stairs to negotiate. Do not believe everything you read.

One thing to remember though is as Intercruise is the official partner P & O are responsible for any mishaps. Whereas travelling by Eavesway is the same as arriving by private car and P & O will not take any responsibility for lateness etc.

Wardlincs likes this

We always use Eavesway and cannot fault them. Remember Cruise Connect do not own any coaches, they are a branch of Tui (Thomsons) and all coaches are sub contracted. Eavesway have a fleet of very comfortable coaches and and are in constant touch with each other on the way down, We left Glasgow at 3-30 am and were in our cabin by 2-20 pm. Couldn't have done it much quicker by car, Have no hesitation in recommending them, never had a problem in the last 6 years

Mayway likes this

Just one point - not about the coaches but I have heard from many people who still use Evesway that if you arrive before your check in time by Evesway you have to wait, you don't get to board straight away anymore as they are no-longer the 'official' operator.

Hi everone, I`m Kevin and have been cruising for many years on several cruise lines but mainly with P&O.

For the first time I am planning to travel by coach ( cruise connect) from Manchester to Southampton. In the past I have considered going by Eavesway because they looked so efficient and reliable. Now however, P&O only use cruise connect and I have heard many bad things about them.

Could anyone who uses them regularly give a bit of advice or reassurance.

thank you. kevboy

Hello Kevin, we have only used this service once before and we had no complaints. However we have just booked with them to travel from Grimsby pick up point, so I would be interested to hear of anyones experiences, or tips, as it was some years ago we first travelled with them.

I've used Eavesway a few times in the past and found them excellent but I have never used Intercruises. I now prefer to drive down and spend the night before my cruise at a hotel when sailing from Southampton.