Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Janetch

Oceana cruise - Genoa to Venice

1 post in this topic

I went on the Oceana cruise from 1 June to 8 June 2016 as a single traveller. My partner would not go so had to pay nearly double the fare but even so I had a great time. Despite the cost I got a good deal on a balcony cabin. Last year I had an inside cabin, which even for a single traveller was a bit tight for space, so I decided to treat myself this year. A lovely cabin on A deck just below the buffet restaurant and just along the corridor from the pool bar. Would certainly book this again. I settled on set dining late sitting. A good group of fellow passengers on a table for 8. All of the food was good. I chose this cruise because of the itinerary.

Livorno - the weather was terrible, torrential rain all morning when I did the excursion to Pisa by coach, on foot and by boat. Interesting tour and the sun came out by lunchtime.

Naples - went to Sorrento. Just wandered around enjoying people watching, looking in the shops and having a coffee and ice cream.

Dubrovnik - one of my favourite ports. Got the shuttle bus into Dubrovnik. Had a coffee in the main square, then got a glass bottom boat trip around the bay. Lunch in a pizzeria. Lovely day.

Venice - enjoyed the sail into Venice. Beautiful way to start a visit. Got the shuttle water us into St Marks Square. Wandered round the streets looking into shops. Very hot but enjoyable. Will visit again

A great holiday. Will do it again!