Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cruise chef

Travel Insurance for World Cruisers Cancellation Cover

12 posts in this topic

Not really sure if anyone can help but a colleague at work is due to retire shortly and fancies a sector of the world voyage, he was concerned about insurance though as he can only find policies that cover him for upto 10,000 cancellation cover.

Does anyone know of an insurer who will cover for more than this amount, as I am sure there must be lots of people who travel the world with high holiday costs.

Or as a nation do we travel under-insured and risk the financial implications?

We've done 2 world cruises and I could never find anyone who would cover more than £10,000 in cancellation costs. If we'd had to cancel we would have lost thousands.ohmy.png Fortunately we never had to cancel. I'd be interested to know if anyone has found an insurance company who would cover more.

Has he tried ringing the insurance companies directly? Whilst many of them state a limit of 10k on comparison sites or even there own, they may offer an extended cancellation cover amount if he gives them a call. I'm sure the standard 10k amount is a generic policy that pops up on most sites as it's normally the case that the majority of holidays will not require cover in excess of 10k.

Try an insurance broker who has access to various companies. I am sure there is a solution. You coukd also ask the TA what the solution is as, if they want the booking, they need to come up with something.

We sadly had to cancel a world cruise after paying the full £33000  to Cunard due to a medical problem .Thankfully we had Insurance fromInternational travel and healthcare West house 46 high street orpington kent BR60JQ tel no 01689892228.When cancelling Cunard took £24718 and we claimed £24952.24 which included our travel visas .We had every penny back apart from £75 each admin cost .Yes the insurance was not cheap although in the big picture it was only £1350 the best money ever spent Ring them tell them everything ,and I mean everything in the medical screening and they are absolutely first class

Tally likes this

We sadly had to cancel a world cruise after paying the full £33000  to Cunard due to a medical problem .Thankfully we had Insurance fromInternational travel and healthcare West house 46 high street orpington kent BR60JQ tel no 01689892228.When cancelling Cunard took £24718 and we claimed £24952.24 which included our travel visas .We had every penny back apart from £75 each admin cost .Yes the insurance was not cheap although in the big picture it was only £1350 the best money ever spent Ring them tell them everything ,and I mean everything in the medical screening and they are absolutely first class

I've made a note of that insurance company. In 2013 we used Staysure it cost us £1,700 for the insurance and our cancellation cover was only £10,000. That may have been per person I can't quite remember now but it certainly didn't cover the price of our cruise.

I recently checked out insurance policies for cancellation cover with different companies. In all responses they told me the the amount quoted is per person. So if its states 10k then as a couple you are covered up to 20k.