Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PottersBarn

Brilliant Baltic - August 2015

8 posts in this topic

Brilliant Baltic! - Caribbean Princess August 2015

First port: Brugge: Canal boat trip, quaint picturesque streets, beer in the square and a gorgeous Belgium waffle with loads of cream!

Copenhagen: Took charge - map held high, off to see the Little Mermaid (small) then Palace to see changing of the guards (pure luck!).

Stockholm: What a surprise! Old town - beautiful! Changing of the guards (great timing yet again!).

Helsinki: Boat trip round the islands, guards marching in square, back through the park to the sounds of the Finnish Army Band playing 'Up town funk'. Bonkers!

St. Petersburg: Highlight of the trip! Amazing! Palaces everywhere! Hermitage Museum and Church of the Spilt Blood - a must! Boat trip and bartered for a Russian Doll.

Tallinn - Estonia: Surprise of the cruise! What a gem! Historic walled town, cobbled streets, fantastic views, bear and beer for lunch, FAB!

Poland: Shopping, pier, paddle and fab spiral ice cream!

Home: Sad face! :-(

Well put PottersBarn. We love the Baltic. People always rave about the sail in and out of Venice which is I agree spectacular but to me the sail out of Stockholm as the sun is setting, passing between the various islands as you make your way to the sea is a sight that remains vividly in the memory for ever.

Well put PottersBarn. We love the Baltic. People always rave about the sail in and out of Venice which is I agree spectacular but to me the sail out of Stockholm as the sun is setting, passing between the various islands as you make your way to the sea is a sight that remains vividly in the memory for ever.

Hi OWT

I suspect you're wasting your time replying..it's probably a one post competition wonder.

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Point taken Terminator.

What is both upsetting and exasperating is that a lot of these competition entry posts show that there is a great wealth of both knowledge and experience out there in the ether that could make the forum the go to place for less experienced cruisers.

But I guess once they realise they haven't won they'll be off quicker than a scalded cat.

Including the winner again I suspect.

The photo winner stayed around didn't he. ..

I'm sure a lot of the entries to the current competition are from members who contribute to Bolsover's Facebook page it doesn't make them any less eligible to enter than forum members, each plays it's part to Bolsover's success, some seem to prefer FB to forums so I don't suppose they will hang around after the competition ends but that is obviously acceptable to Bolsover.

I take both points but I would like to see some people hang around a little bit longer than they do. I have to agree with Terminator that a lot of these posts appearing on here for the competition show a tremendous wealth of knowledge from people that clearly have a great enthusiasm for cruising and have experienced a wide range of cruise ships and lines. It would be great to see them post more especially for providing advice to newcomers to the cruising world.

*Dancing Queen* likes this