Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nick1310

Southampton train station

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how far from the port the train station is please? and rough guide of taxi cost if anyone has an experience of this please.

I haven't made the trip to the cruise port from the station before but I have been to the station for work purposes a few times. It isn't too far from the port at all in fact it can be done in 5 or so minutes. I'd imagine a taxi fare would be relatively cheap.

nick1310 likes this

It depends which terminal you are going from. It's about 0.5 mile to City terminal, 1.0 miles to Mayflower and about 1.5 mile to Ocean and QEII terminal. I would imagine a taxi would be less than £10.

Brian

nick1310 likes this

Hello Nick,    The Taxi to Mayflower terminal from S'hampton. St., depending on traffic, takes app. 8 - 10 mins. Cost, app. £6.00.

The QE 2 Terminal, again depending upon traffic, 10 - 15 mins. Cost £9.00 - £12.00. QE2  T. is further south, and my least favourite, whether driving, or training and taxi.Hope this is helpful. K

nick1310 likes this

Always plenty of taxi's at the train station and as previous post's have stated expect to pay £5 to £6 pounds to City and Mayflower, slightly more to Ocean and QE2.

It's not uncommon to see passengers walking! 

nick1310 likes this

I'm going back to 2011 now, but the cost then from the Ocean Terminal to the Station was just £6 pounds.

I remember it because I was expecting more, when coming from a Cruise terminal.

nick1310 likes this

Hi Nick,

I do this several times a year for various reasons and the cost depends on which terminal. Mayflower and City are around £6 and Ocean and QE2 terminals are around £9. The fares I have given are approximate as it depends on the traffic. 

OWT

nick1310 likes this

Cost us £7 in June. Too far to walk as once the dock gates are reached it is a long roundabout route to the ship even though you can see it almost in front of you.

nick1310 likes this