Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quentin

Cancellation Cover

3 posts in this topic

We have a travel insurance policy through our bank which provides cancellation cover up to £5000 per person. This is adequate for our normal European cruising, however  we are considering a cruise to Australia / New Zealand.  The cost for cruise plus hotels and business class flights comes to £6750 per person.  I have looked at a single trip policy which would provide that level of cancellation cover, but due to age and pre existing conditions  the premium is a ridulous amount. Does any one know the legal situation of whether our current policy would stilcover us for the £5000 limited? we  would therefore  be prepared to lose £1750 per person.  Has anyone had any previous experience of this situation?  I stress we would only be cancelling due to death of a close relative or death or illness of our selves.

A friend recently lost her husband and found herself in a similar predicament, their cruise had exceeded the £5k pp insurance cover but they had been prepared to lose the difference in the event of cancelling ( none of us expect to have to do we ) 

All I can tell you is her particular insurers ( Aviva ) paid out in full up to the £5k pp limit, I would assume most insurance companies would do the same but always best to check with them first.