Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Andyt

Parking in Southampton

9 posts in this topic

For many years we have been parking on a ladies drive in Southampton suburbs and getting a taxi to the ship. This has been a very reliable option and much cheaper than parking at the cruise terminal. Unfortunately this is no longer available to us as the lady has moved house. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a similar alternative. I know there are various 'Park on my Drive websites but it would be nice to find somewhere a fellow cruiser has used before in order to give us the confidence to go ahead and book it.  

I have only ever used CPS parking where you drive straight up to the terminal. I would be interested to hear of alternatives as well as it is so expensive.

Parking4cruises are excellent virtually same as CPS but drop/pick up car in short stay car park by terminal and generally a lot cheaper than CPS.

Parking4cruises are excellent virtually same as CPS but drop/pick up car in shorts stay car park by terminal and generally a lot cheaper than CPS.

Further to walk from than CPS - you could get wet if it rained.

Further to walk from than CPS - you could get wet if it rained.

About 25m at Ocean and about 50m at Mayflower I will take the risk it's raining if I can continue to save the amount that I have done. When you come back you have to walk further and virtually across the short stay car park at Ocean Terminal  to where you pick up your car from CPS what do you do then if its raining.

Captain Kidd II and 2torts like this

Hi We always use AIRLINK PARKING easy to get to and hassle free they transport you and your luggage to cruise terminal in comfort takes about 20 minuets, and car is ready for you on return.

About 25m at Ocean and about 50m at Mayflower I will take the risk it's raining if I can continue to save the amount that I have done. When you come back you have to walk further and virtually across the short stay car park at Ocean Terminal  to where you pick up your car from CPS what do you do then if its raining.

Well all I can say is the sun shines on the righteous ....... Do I. Need to say more?

I've used CPS (the easiest to use, but also the most expensive) and I've also used Cruise Parking Ltd at Marchwood (http://www.southamptoncruiseparking.co.uk/).

The last one mentioned is cheaper, but it does seem to have become more expensive, and for a recent 12 night booking there was only around £30 in it so I went for CPS.  No problems at all with Cruise Parking Ltd, but it is less convenient because there's a minibus transfer involved, which isn't the case with CPS.

This place, though, is well worth considering, given the reviews it gets:  http://www.twinoaks-guesthouse.co.uk/

We have used the JustPark website on numerous occasions to park for cruises.  Wouldn't want to recommend one particular person as we have used several and always been happy, plus sometimes your first choice can be already booked...we search each time and only look at spaces that have a lot of reviews to assist us with our choice. The website is great as you can see the location of the parking, type of parking, often there are photos of the space, you can narrow your search, only look at parking within a certain distance/by type of parking etc and the reviews from previous users should give you the confidence to use that particular person.  We have even noticed that some people offer to drive you to and from the cruise terminal for a small charge making it easier than calling a taxi.  Even if some of the spaces don't have photos it is easy to see the general location on google maps online to check the type of housing it is.  We have found their refund policy to be very good too; last year we had to cancel a booking at the last minute due to family circumstances and were surprised to have most of our money refunded which was an unexpected bonus.  Hope this helps...it's certainly worth a look.