Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sinbad10

P&O Special Anouncements

5 posts in this topic

Well what a disapointing damp squib that was. Load of hype ended up with a very poor quality "live" video on Facebook, poor lighting, poor sound and everybody seemed as if they had been at the free booze. Sorry but nothing was anounced to excite me into booking a future cruise with P&O on any of the ships even "the big one". Just returned from Britannia and entertainment was good, food in MDR was good, food in buffet i.e. lunch, midnight snacks appalling and the beefburgers from the Lido Grill were the worst ever tasted didnt even eat 50% of it and who thinks its a good idea to start blanching frozen french fries at 9-30 in a morning when Lido Grill doesnt open until 11am god knows what time they cook beefburgers and put them in greaseproof paper on warming plate ready to serve. Sorry but think this will be my last cruise in foreseable future with P&O already got 2 booked with Cunard and looking for my next cruise with Princess. Shame because we started cruising with P&O in 2000 and had some great cruises but since Carol Marlow left and new management were shipped in from local bingo hall P&O have really gone downbank.

Mayway, june63, cruise chef and 1 other like this

from what i've seen of the announcement it look really good! something very different for P&O anyway, i especially like the idea of the wider promenade deck so they can have alternative dining venues outside, sounds great! its nice to see something new on ships, after all if every ship they brought out was the same as the older ships i.e. oceana, aurora, oriana etc ... then surely that would be boring, nobody wants the same thing on every ship, and for people who dont like the bigger/newer ships there are still the other P&O ships its not like they are getting rid of them

Furby likes this

Have you got a link to the video ??

Sadly for my money P&O are only a standard cruise line not ,top quality ,and our last cruise in Nov last year proved they just need to up there game.to get us to book with them again.

The ship Oceana is a mess in much need of some TLC.food not always ebable or enjoyable,drinks cheap enough, and in fairness the entertainment was very good,when we berthed near a Thompson ship lookig spick and span I wished we had booked on it...Davybe

Oldworldtraveller likes this

I have just seen it on the internet by searcing for it, personally i think i would still rather go on any of the P&O ships than a thomson ship, some friends of my family went on one earlier this year and said never again! after cruising with the likes of P&O and Princess they said thomson just didnt compare, unfortunatley for thomson that has put me off and i wouldnt pick a cruise witht them

Having just returned from a cruise on Arcadia and having read those oh so negative comments on this site over the last few months I was pleasantly surprised.

The staff as always were cheerful, attentive and couldn't do too much for you. Even the captain was very approachable and was regularly seen chatting to people in the dining room and the bars. He even visited the Ocean Room one day as a bridge session was happening.

I realise that the plated meals are not big enough for some people but they were certainly enough for us. There is still plenty of choice and one can always ask for more or indeed have a starter and soup or dessert as well as cheese and biscuits. Occasionally the food was not to our liking but the waiters would always change it and when our friend commented on "green beans again" he was always offered an alternative. We only ate in the self service once and that was disappointing. Not much choice and a bit overcooked.

The entertainment certainly needs a overhaul with new shows for the Headliners but the classical pianist was excellent and his concerts were packed. The music around the ship was not always to our taste but we are all different.

On the whole it was an enjoyable cruise and the people we met were all pleasant which is certainly a change from the last time I cruised on Celebrity, a beautiful ship which contained some very rude, pushy people.

No doubt standards are higher on certain other cruise lines but as has been said many times before you get what you play for.

2torts, Ahoy and Furby like this