Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EILEEN

Cost Of Cruising On Your Own With Other Couples

7 posts in this topic

I have just joined today.  I have done a couple of cruises and loved them. Unfortunately I am now on my own, and find it so expensive to go cruising on my own with couples. Therefore I missed out on a Caribbean cruise last February and will do again next February, as I was hoping to go with my sister and 3 other married couples. Unfortunately she now cant go, so because of the cost its a no no again. What are your thoughts on the high cost to go on your own.

Welcome on board !!!

Please have a look under the header single cruises  in the forum , already theres a lot of questions answering some of your concerns , cruising is a fab way to travel alone and to meet new single travellers along the way , alot of ships are now offering single cabins too .. happy reading :D

Welcome Eileen. I am also a singleton and have to pay the high single supplement too. However it is a fabulous holiday and a safe holiday when you are on your own - so, if you can afford it - get a nice cabin and enjoy!

Gill x

Mrng Eileen

I totally agree with Gill57 re a very good way to holiday on your own. If you look on one of the other threads re Solos you'll see that Cunard are now giving solo travellers the Getaway prices with just 50% supplement. I would imagine that P&O are doing the same. The supplement %age may change by cruise but the fact that you can now get Getaway prices is a vast improvement for solo travellers.

cheers

Harvey

Hi Harvey,

My experience is that the Getaway price for Singles is more or less the same as the Vantage fare. However I appreciate that it is probably different on each cruise and may also depend on how many cabins have been sold.

Gill

' afternoon Gill

My understanding is that Cunard/P&O were changing their pricing structures for single travellers by letting them have Getaway fare (with a supplement) from Sept this year. Certainly in the past solo travellers could only get the Vantage fares + 80-100% supplement. So - things should be getting better - still costly but better than earlier this year. (I went to the Fjords in June and paid Vantage + 80%)

cheers

Harvey

Hi Harvey,

I hope that is the case. I only looked at Aurora in Dec and there was no diff between Vantage (50%supp) and Getaway. Having said that 50% is a reasonable amount. I object if 80% and above.

Aurora World Sector leg supplements on Vantage were 70% supplement for single occupancy in a twin. I have never opted for a single cabin as they always seem to be either in the engine room or placed precariously at the extreme aft end of the ship!

Gill