Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrissie Alex

Single Cruisers

11 posts in this topic

Hi whilst new to this forum, I sympathise with the reviews of many, that single cruising is prohibitively expensive. I would love to cruise more than I have done but fine the cost, on principal, is a put off. Would it be feasible, on this site, for people of siminlar ages, sex, interest, location and personality types to team up and cruise together? Obviously there would be trust issues, but if you lived close enough to each other you could meet beforehand. Any comments, suggestions or ideas?

Bevebabe likes this

Not the best experience I have had!! Which is why P&O have stopped the 'share' scheme for singles.

I was lucky enough to get a cabin to myself from Mumbai on (paid for it mind) but found sharing with a stranger pretty difficult.

Hi whilst new to this forum, I sympathise with the reviews of many, that single cruising is prohibitively expensive. I would love to cruise more than I have done but fine the cost, on principal, is a put off. Would it be feasible, on this site, for people of siminlar ages, sex, interest, location and personality types to team up and cruise together? Obviously there would be trust issues, but if you lived close enough to each other you could meet beforehand. Any comments, suggestions or ideas?

Good morning Chrissie.

Anything is feasible. There are some excellent deals coming up at the moment for single occupation.

I'm giving it a go in three weeks on a Cunard trans Atlantic.

I used to get a bit fed up listening to the solo moaners on another forum so when I saw this particular opportunity I jumped at it.

I will be reporting back on my experience and may even do a bit of a blog on the crossing - if I find time that is.

Regards.

Richard

I have just done a 3 share with my daughter, and son in law. It worked very well for us once we got the queue for the bathroom sorted.

Because we all had some inconvenience we shared the discount given to the third sharer.. I am not sure about sharing with some one I don't know.but getting to meet up with some one before hand a few times could make a difference.

To be honest, I think that this could still lead to problems…. its a little like a blind date one would imagine. Its all very well getting to know someone with the intention of going on a cruise with them but once you start sharing personal information you don't know with whom that information is being shared.

There are some good deals to be had… the best way would be to let your agent know which cruises you are interested in and see if any offers come up, particularly late deals.

Hi  I am now a single cruiser and the single occupancy supplements are excessive.  Occasionally being in excess of 100% of the double occupancy rate.  I personally would not be keen to share unless I knew the fellow passenger extremely well and even then it could be the end of any friendlship!  If you can travel out of season, their are a few good deals available for single cruisers, however on the downside you have little control on the cruise line/ship, the itinerary or the departure date but these are usually late deals when the cruise line think they aren't going to fill the vessel.  As a single cruiser I have found that smaller on vessels it is easier to talk to fellow passenger than the larger ships.  The attractions on larger ships appeal to passngers who want 24/7 stimulation whereas the smaller ships attract passngers who wish to relax and hence interact with fellow passengers more readily.  It's your final decision but I have found from my own personal experiences that cruising as a single passenger meeting fellow guests is much more easy than on a land based holiday.

I would be very reluctant to share with a stranger even if I had met them a few times, I would need to know someone very well to share space with them and even then it is no guarantee it would be a suitable arrangement.

has anyone seen the reduced single fares p&o have availble at the minute, they've got some really good offers for christmas and the caribbean - worth a look

Fred olsen have produced a little suppliment for "solo crusing " highlighting the 2014 programme with fantastic prices from £72.00 per night , give them a whirl !