Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Panthersnotts

Dress Codes

19 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get the dress code for my cruise on Oriana in March next year,the only one that comes up is Azura.Hope P&O are looking at this forum,very upset with P&O web page....

Normally Oriana have 2 formal, 2 'smart' (jacket required for men) and 3 casual per week I think.  On longer or hot cruises it may vary a little.  However if you log in to your online cruise personaliser and click on the 'Full Itinerary' view, then it should give you the exact number of nights for your cruise.  We go on Oriana at the end of January and our information is certainly there for that one.  Hope that helps.

Hi,  I wanted to find out our dress code details for my recent cruise on Oceana.  It was honeymoon so wanted to know in advance.  Had a pretty good idea from previous experiences but always nice to know for sure.  I searched around and found this link on the P&O website.  It's found through the before you sail section and provides details for cruises right through to next year. 

Here's the link https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all 

Sailaway, EMALIZ07 and TomYoungs like this

Thanks for that Sammy Sun.  Now I know what dates our formal nights are, I can get the White Room booked for a non-formal night.  That's a really, really useful link.  I wish we knew in advance what entertainers were on too!!

Re Dress Codes: why is it that so many ladies of a certain age do not realise that covering up should be the norm? Who wants to see old flabby flesh on bare arms and backs for instance? This is particularly the case on formal evenings.

Re Dress Codes: why is it that so many ladies of a certain age do not realise that covering up should be the norm? Who wants to see old flabby flesh on bare arms and backs for instance? This is particularly the case on formal evenings.

Sailing into stormy waters there ! 

ron likes this

I have been trying to get the dress code for my cruise on Oriana in March next year,the only one that comes up is Azura.Hope P&O are looking at this forum,very upset with P&O web page....

If my memory serves me correctly I think the code shown on the P & O web site for X406 is 3-3-and 6

David

Advice please - we are cruising for the first time this year on P&Os Azura with four formal nights. I have excitedly bought a couple of new long evening dresses but various people have told me that formal nights are not that formal now and guest don't wear long dresses anymore????

Great advice sammy sun I have just been on the website and seen the dress codes for our upcoming cruise.  Everyone has great advice on this forum, thanks again!

just seen your comment on ladies of a certain age , as im one of them i agree with you and i do cover up my flabby arms i wish all the men with large beer guts would learn to hold them in then we would all look lovely, you too will be old one day i hope you keep your flabby flesh hidden under your tux 

Advice please - we are cruising for the first time this year on P&Os Azura with four formal nights. I have excitedly bought a couple of new long evening dresses but various people have told me that formal nights are not that formal now and guest don't wear long dresses anymore????

i was on the azura in may 2013 and can confirm i saw lots of ladies in long dresses , have fun 

I have just looked at the link sammy sun provided and must say I am a little surprised with the dress code for the Caribbean, (have not been myself).

I thought they removed the Jackets required, leaving 4 Black Tie and 10 Evening Casual on a 14 night Caribbean cruise.

Just shows what I know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Bryn.

just seen your comment on ladies of a certain age , as im one of them i agree with you and i do cover up my flabby arms i wish all the men with large beer guts would learn to hold them in then we would all look lovely, you too will be old one day i hope you keep your flabby flesh hidden under your tux

Couldn't agree more !!

Thanks for that Sammy Sun.  Now I know what dates our formal nights are, I can get the White Room booked for a non-formal night.  That's a really, really useful link.  I wish we knew in advance what entertainers were on too!!

Interesting that you would like to know in advance which entertainers are on board your cruise. I raised this question a few months ago on this forum, having come across a particular duo which we enjoyed immensely. Unfortunately it seems there is no way of finding out pre cruise who will be on board.

:lol:  :lol:

12519334943_b345cc6c40_z.jpg

12519334873_6e3b9dc0bd_z.jpg

I know what you mean about the ladies covering up GingerCatFan.

Cummerbunds are a subject near and dear to myself.

Though I don't need to wear one to hide anything (yet) I do believe they are part of the correct evening wear for men.

All depends on the ship concerned - we have only done P&O and regardless of where they cruise to they all tend to be a mix of Black tie, Jacket required or Casual except I think Oceana which just has Black tie and Casual.

The one thing that disappoints is the wearing of jeans as I think that should be restricted to the last night only when everything else is packed. Also we have just got back from Aurora and some of the stuff that was being worn on casual nights I wouldn't wear to do the garden in. Scruffy casual for some.

We did have a few guys binned for just having a shirt on from Andersons and Alexandria Restaurant on a Jacket required night though which was amusing.