Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

suenneil

Claiming On Holiday Extras Insurance???

7 posts in this topic

afternoon all, I have just changed my name to Seasick Susie as other half didn't like Suenneil.

I have recently had to cancel my cruise due to being knocked over and so far after 2 months Holiday Extras Insurance has not dealt with my claim.

Has anyone else had problems.

What are they saying about it?  Are that claiming that they shouldn't have to pay because of something in the T&C, or have they simply not got back to you?

I'd try calling them and asking, specifically, what is holding the claim up and what the expected resolution time is.

Do I take it that 'Holiday Extras' is your insurance company, or are they an Insurance Agent?

I must admit to not having heard of them.

PS. I just wondered that they may have a prioritization schedule and, as the cruise has not yet departed, priority is lower.

Have you paid the full fare yet?

That usually occurs at the 90 day prior point.

I have good news, they have finally paid up, but, they have not paid out for the car parking. Holiday Extras is the insurance company and this is the first time we have used them and it may be the last. We were supposed to have departed on Celebrity Reflections on 20th Sept and the decision not to travel was taken in conjunction with my doctors at the beginning of Sept, so to me 2 months to reimburse someone is really lazy. By the way Celebrity reimbursed their portion within 24 hours. The excuse from the insurance is that this is a busy time of year. They need more staff or to review their working practices.