Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cruise chef

Singapore Hotels

22 posts in this topic

can any recommend any hotels in Singapore

Good morning Cruise Chef.

I certainly can.

Singapore has some amazing hotels that will accommodate meet everyone's needs but the most important question is do you have a budget in mind.

SingaporeSkyline_zpsa1120d56.jpg

For many years our favourite was the Marina Mandarin...

MarinaMandarincopySolentRichard_zps49646

On Marina Bay it has easy access to most of what the tourist wants to see.

However, in May 2011 we passed through Singapore when returning from a diving holiday in Bali and I spotted this place...

MarinaBaySandsHotelcopySolentRichard_zps

I decided there and then that the next time we are in Singapore that is the destination address...

marinasandsinfinitypool_zps84402805.jpg?

MarinaBaySandslasershow_zps63157db1.jpg?

Last week I booked three nights for early next year to follow a planned Far East cruise.

When travelling alone on Scuba expeds I have often stayed in the Carlton...

http://www.carltonhotel.sg/

An excellent position right opposite the City Hall MRT Station - which will get you anywhere fast.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Holiday inn Atrium is very good, both food and rooms and location

The hotel in Singapore that I mentioned earlier has an amazing Atrium as well...

Listen to the birds on this one...

They are for real.

suenneil likes this

The Goodwood...lovely place with old world charm short walk to shops.

Wow, that takes me back a little. 

The Goodwood was just so prestigious in the mid sixties. 

We are booked into Marina mandarin end of Jan, thank You Solent Richard you're video looks like we made a good choice, we have a marina view so hopefully we will have a good view,

Stayed in Marina Mandarin for 3 nights prior to section of World cruise on Oriana in 2012. Loved the hotel and loved Singapore. The hotel is very well placed for the tourist. I was surprised that you could travel from Orchard Road to the hotel without coming above ground, handy for the downpours that occurred in late January.

Sure you will love Singapore.

The Goodwood Park was used by P&O pre Carnival days...we flew into Singapore and was taken to the hotel for breakfast served by men in white gloves ! What an experience after a long flight ?

We are booked into Marina mandarin end of Jan, thank You Solent Richard you're video looks like we made a good choice, we have a marina view so hopefully we will have a good view,

Nice one. We are booked there for our outbound journey. By now you should have experienced it in all its glory.

Hope you enjoyed it.

thanks solent richard, I've booked myself into marina bay sands for a night, will write a reply on my return

Hi Cruise Chef.

I think you have a head start on me in the race for the best photographs.

Enjoy yourself and I shall look forward to exchanging experiences in the not too distant future.

Good morning Cruise Chef.

I certainly can.

Singapore has some amazing hotels that will accommodate meet everyone's needs but the most important question is do you have a budget in mind.

SingaporeSkyline_zpsa1120d56.jpg

For many years our favourite was the Marina Mandarin...

MarinaMandarincopySolentRichard_zps49646

On Marina Bay it has easy access to most of what the tourist wants to see.

However, in May 2011 we passed through Singapore when returning from a diving holiday in Bali and I spotted this place...

MarinaBaySandsHotelcopySolentRichard_zps

I decided there and then that the next time we are in Singapore that is the destination address...

marinasandsinfinitypool_zps84402805.jpg?

MarinaBaySandslasershow_zps63157db1.jpg?

Last week I booked three nights for early next year to follow a planned Far East cruise.

When travelling alone on Scuba expeds I have often stayed in the Carlton...

http://www.carltonhotel.sg/

An excellent position right opposite the City Hall MRT Station - which will get you anywhere fast.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Back in November I responded to Cruise Chef's Singapore hotels enquiry with the above quote.

This time last week I was in the process of fulfilling the above quoted ambition of staying in the Marina Bay Sands hotel on a stopover between Australia and home.

And what a fabulous place it was. Four days just wasn't enough.

13377645864_8d8424f60b_z.jpg

13377645744_30d44904f8_z.jpg

13377646594_8e8418a298_z.jpg

13377425233_3022c2633a_z.jpg

And I could not resist a plug for Cunard...

13377425113_2835fc26ce_z.jpg

post-909-0-16084200-1395663808_thumb.jpg

post-909-0-83678000-1395663872_thumb.jpg

post-909-0-32066200-1395663953_thumb.jpg

I would echo that sentiment Solent Richard, the hotel and the views are something else, spacious rooms, amazing views from all points of the hotel both day & night and the service we received was superb, I certainly could have stayed longer in the lap of luxury

I would echo that sentiment Solent Richard, the hotel and the views are something else, spacious rooms, amazing views from all points of the hotel both day & night and the service we received was superb, I certainly could have stayed longer in the lap of luxury

Thank you.

In matter of fact I would say our 3 days were not long enough. A week would maybe be about right to savour all that is on offer.