Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

loulou

Formal Nights On Mini Cruises.

18 posts in this topic

when i went on the ventura and oceana there was 1 formal night and the other was casual , but they tend to do the formal night on the second night. People still really dress up :)

I too will be on my first mini cruise on Saturday: Explorer of the Seas to see Paris and Brugges. Do many people bother to dress in formal wear on the formal night as it is just a 3 night cruise? I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb in my tuxedo and bow tie if nobody else is making the effort!

I found that quite a few people make an effort. No matter the duration of a cruise, a formal night is always nice and most people I have seen on short cruise breaks have dressed up for the occasion. I'd take your formal wear with you and enjoy the night.

I found that quite a few people make an effort. No matter the duration of a cruise, a formal night is always nice and most people I have seen on short cruise breaks have dressed up for the occasion. I'd take your formal wear with you and enjoy the night.

Spot on Sammy Sun. Most people do make the effort.

I have just come off celebrity Eclipse after a 5 night (you could call it a mini cruise) and they had one evening when 'Formal' was an option.

I judged that more than 60% of passengers made the effort and it turned out to be an excellent evening...

18199360056_32de6ac67f_z.jpg

The guy in the background soon disappeared and to be fair, the photo was taken very early in the evening: he could well have gone to get changed.

Most cruise lines do offer one formal night and you'll find that many passengers do make an effort. I’d say pack your formal wear, dress up for the night and enjoy biggrin.png

Most cruise lines do offer one formal night and you'll find that many passengers do make an effort. I’d say pack your formal wear, dress up for the night and enjoy biggrin.png

Excellent advice Oceanview.

Certainly the majority on my recent short Eclipse cruise did...

18188581198_6f7ca74bd1_z.jpg

As seen here at the Martini Bar.

I think it's part of the whole cruising experience. I understand that for many dressing up for a formal night is not something they wish to do when going on holiday but for me, I find formal evenings to go hand in hand with cruising. I've become so used to them now that I would miss formal nights should they cease to exist. I would not however miss the damage made to both debit and credit cards on new dresses for my wife for every cruise we go on  but you take the rough with the smooth tongue.png

Portside likes this

I think it's part of the whole cruising experience. I understand that for many dressing up for a formal night is not something they wish to do when going on holiday but for me, I find formal evenings to go hand in hand with cruising. I've become so used to them now that I would miss formal nights should they cease to exist. I would not however miss the damage made to both debit and credit cards on new dresses for my wife for every cruise we go on  but you take the rough with the smooth tongue.png

I have to agree Sammy Sun, you might as well make the most of the whole cruising experience and part take in a formal night! It’s not often that my partner and I do get the chance to dress up for a formal event and it’s great to treat ourselves to some new attire once in a while biggrin.png … Of course my debit and credit card like to disagree but I can worry about the damage to them at a later date.

Spot on Sammy Sun.

Almost as bad as going on a Celebrity cruise and eating every night in the buffet.

It's the 'whole' experience that counts.

It was sad to see, on a 10 day P&O cruise, that the dress codes were not adhered to in the MDR on formal nights. We had someone on our table who should have gone to the buffet to dine. It made us feel uncomfortable as we had properly dressed to the night.

It was sad to see, on a 10 day P&O cruise, that the dress codes were not adhered to in the MDR on formal nights. We had someone on our table who should have gone to the buffet to dine. It made us feel uncomfortable as we had properly dressed to the night.

That is a shame Captain Kidd. I always like to see the dress code adhered to and I find formal nights to be a nice part of any cruise I take. I enjoy them and would encourage all new to cruise passengers to embrace formal nights and enjoy the occasion. 

Did a two night mini with Celebrity a month ago and no formal night (although a number of guests did choose to dress up) but advise to check Cruise Line's web site seems sound. Have a nice one