Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

hturtle

Is This The Gloating Forum

56 posts in this topic

It's not often you have the luxury of being able to lose a big game such as that and remain top of the league hturtle, consider it a favour to welcome you back amongst the big boys, we'll see if you can keep up this time ;)

hturtle likes this

It's not often you have the luxury of being able to lose a big game such as that and remain top of the league hturtle, consider it a favour to welcome you back amongst the big boys, we'll see if you can keep up this time ;)

Can you hear the gooners sing, erm no actually you cant  :lol:

Nice response Sammy and well within the bounds of a gentleman sports fan.

From where I'm sitting it would appear that Manchester United supporters only sing when they're winning.

Still, I was more than a happy bear on Saturday having watched a 5 goal thriller at St. Mary's.

Now who would have believed at the start of the season that the Saints would be above City and United?

;)  ;)

Amazing season so far isn't it? It seems like every team is capable of beating eachother on their day. Long may it continue for Southampton, I like the way they play, apart from next weekend obviously when they come to the Emirates.

Amazing season so far isn't it? It seems like every team is capable of beating eachother on their day. Long may it continue for Southampton, I like the way they play, apart from next weekend obviously when they come to the Emirates.

Weekend after next Sammy - 23rd.

I'll be hoping it is on Sky as I cross the Atlantic

I agree about where you finish.

Chelsea brought home two consecutive European Cups in two consecutive years.

Not bad at all...

7915260466_1d0e3243cc_z.jpg

Maddie3 likes this

it seems like a long time ago now but I still thoroughly enjoy having a trophy in our cabinet that nobody else in recent times has even come close to receiving.  The Invincibles trophy.

post-21-0-73599000-1384256880_thumb.jpeg

If this is the Gloating Forum then I will struggle!  I am a Middlesbrough supporter (The most optimistic supporters!)

Lets hope the new Manager Can arrange a few Chelsea loan players!!!

Semper

I was soo looking forward to seeing the Arsenal fan in our office this week, unfortunately he is off six, sorry I mean sick :lol:

Hope he doesn't come back tomorrow after utd get tubbed by city :(

WAVES likes this

I was soo looking forward to seeing the Arsenal fan in our office this week, unfortunately he is off six, sorry I mean sick :lol:

Good morning Turtle.

Manchester football has certainly been turned on its head this season.

I suppose Sammy could legitimately use the same 'six'.

After all 3 + 3 = 6. 

;)  ;)

Good afternoon Turtle.

I was rooting for your boys last night, were you there?

I expect you can guess why as well.  ;)  ;)

Just a pity all this talk of trophys, winning in europe, etc look at the likes of arsenal chelsea, moreso those two the ammount of non british players they have!!!, but most clubs in the prem its like "Spot the brit"

Fudge likes this

Just a pity all this talk of trophys, winning in europe, etc look at the likes of arsenal chelsea, moreso those two the ammount of non british players they have!!!, but most clubs in the prem its like "Spot the brit"

Aha Journeyman. But that is the price of having the most exciting league in the world.

Good afternoon Turtle.

I was rooting for your boys last night, were you there?

I expect you can guess why as well.  ;)  ;)

Sadly Turtle my rooting didn't do any good.

Still, I thought the draw for the semi-finals favoured Chelsea somewhat.  ;)  ;)

Drawing Atletico as opposed to the other two teams does seem the 'easier' option but I wouldn't bank on it

That's what they said about Paris Saint Germain. The most expensively assembled team in Europe.

I'm more than happy with the draw.

Fudge likes this

If Arsenal finish in the top 4 I can see only Brendan Rodgers being the only manager to keep his job out of top 4 clubs for next season.

I think it's an interesting one, I'm very surprised a club like United has sacked a manager after less than a year when they gave him a 6 year contract.  Whoever came in after Ferguson was always going to struggle, plus Ferguson had left Moyes with an ageing team that is in desperate need of refreshing, at least give the guy a summer to bring in his own players.  They gave Ferguson time and look how that turned out.  It's a classic example of modern day football and the demand for instant success.  Sometimes it takes time, look at Liverpool, last year they were poor for their standards and finished again outside the top 4 but they trusted Brendan Rodgers to do his job and this season, he's bought well, rotated well and now their top of the league playing the best football by far, that's the difference a year can make.  The first thought now by owners seems to always be to press the panic button but sometimes a little patience goes a long way.  I'm not saying that's always the case but I cannot understand why United would offer a manager a 6 year deal if they were not even going to give him a full season in charge.  

Furby likes this

The trouble with football nowadays is financial success outweighs success on the field Man Utd like most top clubs demand financial success first.

If I may offer my opinion.  Ed Woodward stated at the beginning of May last year that the team needed no additions.  So, without any significant new signings, the current United team are the same team which won the Premiership last season!  The players have not been performing to the abilities all season, some have looked as if they cannot be bothered to run after the ball.  I think Moyes should not take all the blame for players who have taken the money without earning it on the pitch  Money is the bottom line, no champions league, a drop in revenue.  The Glazers are businessmen, that's it.  There are all sorts of rumours flying around, who knows what is true about it all, but Moyes is the scapegoat and, if what I have read is true, then based on results, the club will have only had to pay him one year's salary in compensation.  By the way the team won more games in the same time frame than Fergie won in his early days.  And Moyes got the club to the Champions League quarters.  I blame the players.  Rooney ran his socks off when he wanted a new contract, now he's got it, he has gone off the boil.  It's easy to blame a manager, but it is only the players who can make a difference on the pitch, doing what they are paid for.

ron, Furby and sammy sun like this